This is a part-time or full-time unpaid position which provides support to the Development
Department. This position will assist with outreach to potential donors, sponsorship fulfillment,
donor appreciation and stewardship for Special Olympics Arizona. Additionally, this position will
become knowledgeable of the inclusive movement promoted by Special Olympics Arizona
through the Unified Program.
The following examples are intended only as illustrations of the duties of the Development Assistant Intern:
1. Support Director of Development with administrative duties.
2. Prepare all necessary research work in a timely and legible fashion, to include analysis potential key vendors,
3. Assist with development opportunities; including brainstorming, community outreach, timelines, budgets etc.
4. Seek partnerships to enhance Special Events within the Development Department with resources and funding
5. Solicit and manage auction items and in-kind donations for competitions and fundraising events
6. Develop and implement sponsorship fulfillment program to ensure all promised deliverables are being delivered at competitions and special events.
7. Assist in New Media outreach including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
8. Implement proper follow-up and thank you responses for all donors and potential partners
9. Provide administrative support for Support Service office as determined by Supervisor