Welcome to WorkInSports.com! Here is the job you're interested in:
Service Technical Representative
|Employer: Sports Equipment
|Location: Northeast Region
|Job Status: Full Time
Our company, is a leading distributor of high-end bicycles, apparel, footwear, and accessories, is seeking a dynamic individual to join their Dealer Service Department as a Service Technical Representative.
The ideal candidate will perform the following functions:
· Answers bicycle technical inbound telephone calls and emails from customers and bicycle retailers in a professional and timely manner
· Provides bicycle technical support to customers and bicycle retailers
· Provides bicycle technical support and knowledge to Customer/Dealer Service representatives
· Stays current on all bicycle products and components through product resources and attending sales meetings
· Enters and maintains accurate data in computer of all orders and technical information/issues
· Identify, research, and resolve technical issues
· Notify the Web group of updates on technical issues/documents for the website
· Projects a professional company image through all lines of communication
· Alert our company's Sports Group quality team leaders and product managers of quality issues reported from account managers and retailers.
· Recommend process improvements
· Assist team leader with on-the-job training for new employees
· Minimal domestic travel
· Contribute to the success of company and the development of our company's brands, by leading or assisting with other related projects and tasks as assigned.
· Follow internal controls and company policies as set by company and job function
The candidate must also possess:
· High School diploma or equivalent with 1-2 years experience in a call center or customer service environment.
· Must have knowledge of bicycles and bicycle components.
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be computer proficient in Adobe, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and have the ability to learn customer service software applications.
· Must be detail oriented.
· The candidate should be self-motivated, highly flexible, and have the ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced demanding environment. Previous work experience in a bicycle retail store and a passion for cycling are pluses.