Here is the job that interests you:
User Research Intern
Location: San Diego, CA
|Job Status: Internship
ACTIVE Network (NYSE: ACTV) is on a mission to make the world a more ACTIVE place. With deep expertise in Activity and Participant Management™, our ACTIVE Works® cloud technology helps organizers transform and grow their businesses. Serving over 50,000 global customers and driving over 80 million transactions annually, we help organizations get participants, manage their activities and build communities.
As an ACTIVE User Research Intern, you can fundamentally affect people's lives in a real and meaningful way. In return, we will see to it that you get opportunities to exercise the theory that you have been gathering in your academic work and demonstrate how it fits into real-world Human Computer Interaction Research. We will show you what success look like.
The goal of the Global Experience Research team (GXR) is to improve the user experience by incorporating research, insights and content strategy into the Agile product development cycle. As a GXR research intern, you will work closely with full-time User Researchers and product teams to identify opportunities for research. You will learn how to distill researchable questions from business discussion, how to identify appropriate research methods, conduct the research, analyze, and present results.
You will add qualitative and quantitative methods to your toolbox, such as discount methodologies, formative user testing, as well as survey authoring and analysis, and A/B testing. Your main focus as a GXR Research Intern will be to investigate specific products and interfaces and work closely with product design teams, but we also focus on larger usability and content issues across the enterprise at large.
As a result, you should have a strong understanding of Web application design best practices, good research sensibilities, a creative approach to research design, and a willingness to leap beyond your comfort zone to embrace new methods that will allow you to advocate for user from hard core evidence.
• Collect and analyze user behavior data through a variety of channels, such as contextual inquiry, formative user testing, discount inspection methods , surveys, and A/B testing
• Work cross-functionally with User Researchers, Designers, Product Management and Development and Q/A to incorporate user-centered research at all stages of the product cycle
• Proactively design studies intended to understand user behavior and attitudes
• Collaborate with ACTIVE User Researchers, product teams and Web analytics to measure the impact of design decision-making on User Experience.
• Study and analyze the user experience on Web applications through a wide variety of qualitative methods
• Effectively communicate results and illustrate suggestions to product teams through clear writing
• Academic background in conducting UEX research
• Clear written and verbal communicator
• Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Good command of qualitative research methods
• Pursuing B.A/B.S. or advanced degree in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Experimental Psychology, or a related field
Perks and Benefits
• Great work environment and awesome co-workers.
• ACTIVEx, our award winning employee participation program, will help you grow personally and professionally.
• Our ACTIVE Advantage program will help you save on activities, gear and travel.
ACTIVE Network is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Instead of searching through massive catch-all job sites, more full of noise than opportunities that suit you,
or bookmarking hundreds of employer career pages and visiting them daily - instead of doing all the tedious work yourself, we do it for you.
Our staff is hard at work finding sports jobs from every sports employer and putting it all in one place, so you don't have to.
We’re the best at what we do and we'll prove it. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
When you're ready to put your job search into high gear, upgrade your account
and get full access to every sports job right now.
While you're focused on getting the right job, we’ll make sure you don't miss any!
Since your site launched in 2000, WorkInSports.com has been the go to place for USA Baseball when we are looking to fill full-time openings and internships. Your reputation throughout the sports industry as a vital tool for job seekers and employers is well deserved. Thanks again!
Chief Operating Officer