Here is the job that interests you:
Interactive/Social Media Intern
|Job Status: Internship
Interactive/Social Media Intern
Develop strategy and maintain social media presence and Website for SIG.
Social media consists of website enhancements using Joomla, blog via Wordpress, maintain presence on YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and others as appropriate.
As primary editor of the Website, you will need to research, write and post articles about sponsorship trends in a conversational style, to ensure blog content captures readers' interest, while promoting company message. Intern will be required to take direction from Intern manager and managing director of organization. Use appropriate tools to provide management with metric reports. Use on-line and off-line social networking techniques for collaboration with people inside and outside the organization. Promote company objectives with each blog article. May contribute to monthly e-newsletter as well.
This is an UNPAID internship but may be eligible for class credit. THIS IS A VIRTUAL INTERNSHIP AND YOU WILL BE WORKING FROM HOME.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop and maintain plan for organization's Internet presence to include management of online groups.
2. Perform continuous enhancements and modifications to blogs, websites and social media outlets.
3. Assess new standards, technologies and trends, and formulate plans for future enhancement to social media strategies.
4. Use latest syndication and blogging tools with HTML, when appropriate.
5. Ensure blog(s) are accessible from a variety of different environments and push to other websites and discussion groups.
6. Produces a consistent visual image including maintenance of templates and image archives.
7. Ensure images are delivered to the viewer at sufficient high speed and quality.
8. Creates image links and ensure links are up to date.
9. Troubleshoot and repairs bugs and problems.
10. Respond promptly to blog comments and email
11. Provide metrics of traffic statistics, reports and blog comment feedback to appropriate areas.
12. Research, write/edit and create layout for new articles and features.
13. Act as liaison between blog readers and corporation
14. Interface collaboratively with PR, web design team to insure cohesiveness between blog(s) and corporate web site.
15. Perform other duties, as assigned.
Possess engaging "conversational" writing skills with a professional posture. Must be computer and Internet/search engine savvy to perform online research. Must thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. Must be proactive and have a strong desire to learn social media and apply practical learning to enhance internet presence for SIG and related companies. Must work in virtual environment. Would prefer a current junior or senior at the undergraduate level.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Ability to evaluate new and evolving blog technologies.
* Solid understanding of all sections related to the anatomy of a blog and WordPress
* Ability to utilize reporting tools for analysis of traffic, referral links and reader demographics
* Ability to use syndication and pinging tools
* Knowledge and understanding of current editing, authoring tools, and related blog technologies.
* Ability to utilize computerized word processing, blogging and internet software.
* Solid foundation in search engine optimization (SEO) and implementing RSS technology
* Knowledge and understanding of internet operations and functionality
* Ability to evaluate new and evolving blogging technologies.
* Skill in the use of computerized blog layout and design software.
* Proofreading and editing skills.
* Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
* Ability to write simply with a conversational style
* Writing should be informative, but not verbose
* Ability to include corporate objectives and mission throughout blog presentation
* Solicit feedback from internal departments
* Understand mission of key departments
* Ability to make presentations on blog feedback, metrics and comments at business intelligence meetings
* Assist management in Identifying opportunities, based on new developments in the blogsphere
* Maintain high ethics with blog presentation, content and daily work tasks
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
* Present professional, but friendly posture with blogsphere colleagues and throughout the Internet
* Provide management and key departments with intelligence from blog feedback, metrics and external discussions related to blog content
* Collaborate with internal departments to enhance blog features and presence
* Act as ambassador and liaison for company with the Internet community
Submit your cover letter and resume to Nneka Madus.
SIG is a global, principal-centered sponsorship agency that connects People, Opportunities and Ideas. We serve the entire sponsorship industry through our comprehensive services and deep relationships. We help both buyers and sellers of sponsorship programs increase efficiency and profitability. We provide valuation, advisory and sales representation services to support properties in their quest for new revenue generation. We provide guidance to brands in valuing and securing efficient platforms for promotion of their products and services.
On the property side, we specialize in representing and consulting retail-based destinations, sports properties, causes, entertainment and tourist destinations, major festivals and events.
On the brand side, we have created integrated, authentic, productive and synergistic sponsorships in every category of business through our unique, creative platforms. These categories include: automotive companies, airlines, mobile communication, movie studios, media, financial services and more. To support these services, we have embraced social, viral media and founded and host the most dynamic and largest online sponsorship and marketing professionals group. Based in the Los Angeles metro area, we have virtual offices throughout the world.
For more information, please go to www.sponsorshipinsights.com
Instead of searching through massive catch-all job sites, more full of noise than opportunities that suit you,
or bookmarking hundreds of employer career pages and visiting them daily - instead of doing all the tedious work yourself, we do it for you.
Our staff is hard at work finding sports jobs from every sports employer and putting it all in one place, so you don't have to.
We’re the best at what we do and we'll prove it. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
When you're ready to put your job search into high gear, upgrade your account
and get full access to every sports job right now.
While you're focused on getting the right job, we’ll make sure you don't miss any!
Since your site launched in 2000, WorkInSports.com has been the go to place for USA Baseball when we are looking to fill full-time openings and internships. Your reputation throughout the sports industry as a vital tool for job seekers and employers is well deserved. Thanks again!
Chief Operating Officer