Technical Support Coordinator
Location: Liberty Corner, NJ
Job Status: Full-Time
Posted/Updated: 10/10/2019 11:47:06 AM
Back to Jobs
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game's Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
The GHIN support team manages and supports a centralized computation platform which provides data to associations and approved vendors for their business operations.
The Technical Support Coordinator position is responsible for providing high level expertise and an exceptional quality of service to Allied Golf Associations (AGA's), GHIN Associations, and 3 rd Party Technology Vendors. For this role, you must possess a passion for investigating technical issues, including ambiguous and complex problems, have exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively. This role also requires proven problem-solving abilities within the context of technical issues as well as potential impact to business continuity, and a positive attitude and ability to collaborate in a team-oriented environment.
What you can expect:
- Collaborate with cross-functional and product teams to establish and maintain procedures to ensure timely and accurate resolution on customer issues.
- Perform detailed technical troubleshooting of application and production environment issues
- Recognize problems, conduct research, provide resolutions and follows up with customers as needed, escalating more complex cases to the appropriate team
- Answer, evaluate and prioritize incoming telephone, email and chat-based requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with computer-related technologies
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors (Use logs, traces, dumps, debuggers, reviewing product code, scripts or other software tools) as a precursor to involvement by Tier 2 support.
- Develop and implement form responses to email inquiries and revise existing form responses to remain current with changes that occur.
- Develop a keen understanding of important relationships and further nurture the relationships between the USGA and other key organizations/stakeholders
- Ensure that all tickets and other tasks are completed in a timely manner.
What you bring to the USGA:
- A BS/BA degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 2-5 years of experience working in technical and product support
- Professional communication skills: you must feel comfortable interacting with tech savvy customers as well as with novices; you will understand the needs of both audiences and will make sure all types of customers feel supported and understood
- Proven experience with internet technologies including: SOAP, Restful API, Ruby on Rail, XML, JSON, and SQL
- Excellent customer facing and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to comply with tight deadlines
- Multi-tasking, self-learning, highly motivated and a team player
- Experience authoring, structuring and administering documents for training and knowledge bases
- Experience managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while meeting critical SLAs and deadlines.
- Previous usage of Zendesk or other support-oriented ticketing system
- Flexibility to work non-standard work hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience with reporting tool such as JReport & Tableau, is preferred, but not required
Researching a Company To See If You Fit – Work In Sports Podcast
Chris Grosse: Penn State Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing – Work In Sports Podcast
Does a Competency Based Resume Technique Work for the Sports Industry? Work In Sports Podcast