The Sports & Programs Intern assists with the planning and implementation of Special Olympics Kansas training and competition events. Appropriate assignments can be developed for students majoring in: sports management, sports marketing, event management, physical education, adaptive physical education, non-profit management, special education, and recreation. Our goal is to cultivate a mutually beneficial relationship. While the intern provides his or her supervisor with professional and efficient support, the supervisor will educate the intern on the specific components of non-profit management and give him or her hands-on experience.
Performance Dimensions and Tasks
• Participate in development, planning, and execution of Special Olympics Regional and State competitions.
• Collect and process entry data. Complete event evaluation with staff, volunteers, and participants. Events that interns coordinate will vary based on time of year, intern’s interest, and the needs of Special Olympics Kansas.
• Assist with volunteer management
• Assist as needed with other Special Olympics Kansas projects. This could include learning and using Games Management System (computer software used for divisioning athletes in competitions), office/administrative tasks, loading and unloading, physical set-up of venues, and customer service.
• Participate in staff meetings (generally Tuesday mornings), Special Olympics training, and other activities associated with...