Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation (Philadelphia, PA)
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Coordinator
DURATION: Fall 2018 Semester: Part-Time and Full-Time options available
SUMMARY: The Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation uses the sport of hockey to foster academic and personal excellence among at-risk students in Philadelphia, PA and Camden, NJ. Hockey Operations Interns will provide support to all Hockey Operations staff members to successfully prepare and deliver quality ice hockey and life skills programming to Snider Hockey students. This position is open to students looking to gain well-rounded experience and exposure to aspects of the Sports Industry including Sports Management, Communications, Community Relations, and Coaching. Internship is conditional on the successful completion of a background check and availability provided during the interview.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• • Preparing and executing on/off-ice activities and programming at Snider Hockey facilities throughout Philadelphia.
• Assisting Hockey Operations staff in planning and coordinating Snider Hockey special events.
• Providing administrative support by assisting with communications initiatives, recruiting activities, registration tasks, and conducting preliminary research.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Ice hockey experience is important but not mandatory.
• Strong v...