The Marketing and Sales Manager is responsible for building and executing strategies and tactics that retain existing customers and attract new customers. Tasks include evaluating and developing sales and marketing strategies, planning and coordinating marketing efforts, communicating the marketing plans to those involved, and building awareness and positioning for the TVH brand. Responsibilities include tracking and analyzing the performance of advertising campaigns, communicating TVH capabilities to the public, managing the marketing and sales budget, and ensuring that all marketing material is in line with our brand identity. The Marketing and Sales Manager serves as the point of contact for media.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. The following statements are intended to describe the major functions of the position and should not be taken as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals assigned to this job.
- Develop annual marketing and sales strategy
- Develop strategies and tactics to retain existing patients and get new patients.
- Produce valuable and engaging content for our web site, social media, print, and other media that attracts and converts our target groups
- Analyze consumer behavior and adjust email and advertising campaigns accordingly
- Develop strategies and tactics to ensure that the public knows about TVH.
- Develop and manage a calendar of events/meetings where TVH should be in attendance and manage ongoing contacts with the community (to include political, educational, business, and other contacts). Validate that communications techniques are working through patient satisfaction surveys and other techniques
- Develop and promulgate sales pitches to individuals and groups
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from creation to execution
- Develop and execute events that are designed to further TVH and participate in the events of other organizations where TVH would benefit from the exposure
- Maintain up to date knowledge of operational goals and their status.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of service line changes and other changes where marketing assets are needed.
- Communicate with senior management about marketing initiatives and project metrics
- Establish policies and controls on patient-facing documents and communication, and develop processes to review, manage, and update those materials.
- Oversee and approve marketing material, from website to hard copy brochures and testimonials This includes the inspection of layouts and advertising copy and the editing of scripts, audio and videotapes, and other promotional material.
- Maintain the TVH web sites
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
- Build strategic relationships and partner with communications sources (e.g., paper, radio)
- Manage media relations
- Prepare information for media kits and develop those kits
- Ensure that all responsibilities are performed consistently with the system’s mission, values, and adopted plans while maintaining a sensitive, caring, and safe environment for customers, employees, and others.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Online content marketing and social media development strategies
- Media design skills
- Team player
This position operates in a professional office environment located within a Critical Access Hospital. This role routinely uses computers, photocopiers, and both cell and landline phones. Contact with staff, patients, and community members is to be expected. Occasional local or out of town travel may be required for work related to the hospital, the TVH marketing strategy, or enhancement of professional skills related to the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Marketing and Sales or equivalent related work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in planning and executing public relations and marketing strategies for an organization
- 3-5 years of experience in the sales planning and client relationships
- Expertise in media communications and media relations
- Excellent English skills, in verbal and written communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven public speaking skills
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience
- Prior experience in budget preparation and project cost estimates
- Knowledge of policy and procedure implementation for organizational needs.
- Event planning experience
- Mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook for business communication.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- 3- 5 years of specific experience working in a healthcare environment
- Membership(s) in appropriate professional societies
- CPR/BLS Healthcare Certification
- Additional languages – Spanish Preferred
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to move throughout the facility transporting files and other items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Written and spoken communication skills require the ability to speak, hear, and see.
- Critical thinking and good judgment needed to be able to follow processes and hospital policies.
“To encourage and support a healthier community”
TVH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, TVH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment or any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of TVH’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge