The General Manager is responsible for management of all sales revenue lines for the team. The GM is accountable for developing new revenue streams; while ensuring the renewal and maintenance of current revenue streams remain consistent on a yearly basis.
- The GM will manage all sales operations of the team; providing continual direction and oversight for all business and administrative affairs as it functions in the community.
- The GM is the leader of the team and staff, and is expected to create an environment of excellence for his or her internal staff and the team’s patrons/customers.
We have a strong team of employees and we need a General Manager who will uphold our culture, we are not seeking change- we are seeking leadership!
With strategic executive direction the GM will handle the following:
- Maintain and develop networking relationship in the community in order for the team to prosper long term.
- Maintain and create all B2B revenue stream plans and processes such as: sponsorship packages, ticketing and event packages.
- Help to maintain our brand and ensure a positive team identity in the community including.
- Responsible for creating, planning and attaining a budget on a yearly basis.
- Responsible for identifying, maintain, and selling sponsorship revenues to support the club.
- Responsible for ensuring that sales team maximizes sales opportunities and sells tickets to fill the stadium.
- Responsible for all sales related to stadium events and rentals.
- Develops inventive ideas to create or increase overall ballpark revenue streams for the team.
- Acts as a spokesperson for the team and stadium with the press and the public.
- Responsible for providing both a unique and exciting experience to patrons of the ballpark.
- Acts as a daily contact for the League.
- We will not consider any applicants without specific minor/independent league baseball experience or other major PROFESSIONAL sports team sales management experience.
- We are not seeking a candidate with stadium operations experience, as we have strong leaders in that specific area of our business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
- Candidate must have 5-7 years minimum experience as a strong Assistant General Manager or General Manager with a proven track record of both management and sales success.
- We will consider an AGM who wants to take the next step, or a GM that wants to take on a new project in their career.
- Individual sales experience in sponsorships with a proven track record, is a must.
- Strong analytical and excel skills.
- Superior communication skills a must.
- Strong sales instincts and the ability to learn from others.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to work long hours, including weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- The ability to lead others to achieve while teaching them the why’s and how’s.
- Experience developing junior level team players a must.
- Familiarity with computerized ticketing systems and all operational systems that run a ballpark a must.