Production Studio Support Engineer - Sports
NBC Sports Group
Location: Stamford, CT
Job Status: Full Time
Back to Jobs
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 24 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
This freelance engineering role provides mission critical broadcast support of a 24x7x365 sports production facility. Candidates will have a working knowledge of broadcast and IP networks and infrastructure within a production facility and will resolve user issues quickly by performing problem analysis and resolution of server-based record and playout systems, MPEG/J2K encoders/decoders and transmission systems, IP based video routers, fiber transport, intercom, tally, and digital audio networks.
• Support live production by responding to service requests obtained via two-way radio, phone, email, in-person, or the internal Production Support application. Based on an understanding of technical production and network systems, determine the nature of the problem and implement an acceptable solution that meets the customer’s needs in a timely manner.
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues using system documentation and through collaboration with other engineers, vendors, and IT personnel.
• Participate in technical projects including documentation, installation, troubleshooting, calibration, and maintenance.
• Monitor and adjust broadcast systems to meet accepted broadcast standards using diagnostic tools such as SDI scopes, audio/data analyzers, and other equipment.
• Record critical and shift log information using the internal tracking application.
• Perform repair of audio & video broadcast equipment, including repairs at the system and board levels.
• Use vendor-specific system software (i.e. Magnum, GVG, RTS) to fulfill operator route and assignment requests.
• Basic CAD functionality including creating, redlining, and printing.
• Effectively communicate the outcomes and results of efforts to team members and users.
• Minimum 3 years of experience supporting a broadcast or IT-related video production facility.
• Experience supporting broadcast equipment from Evertz, EVS, Sony, Calrec, Lawo, GVG, Miranda, Image Video, Ericsson
• Knowledge of IP networks, LANs, switches, routers, and network diagnostic applications
• Must have strong technical skills, be resourceful and self-motivated, and possess excellent documentation and communication skills.
• Ability to work flexible hours to support a 24x7 production operation.
• Lift up to 40 lbs., climb ladders and use/drive studio scissor lifts.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
"Note: The direct apply link below seems to randomly have issues. If you get an error message, go to http://www.nbcunicareers.com/ and search for this job using requisition 33453BR .- WIS Member Support"
No Site Does What We Do
Instead of searching through massive catch-all job sites, more full of noise than opportunities that suit you,
or bookmarking hundreds of employer career pages and visiting them daily - instead of doing all the tedious work yourself, we do it for you.
Our staff is hard at work finding sports jobs from every sports employer and putting it all in one place, so you don't have to.
We’re the best at what we do and we'll prove it.
When you're ready to put your job search into high gear, upgrade your account
and get full access to every sports job right now.
While you're focused on getting the right job, we’ll make sure you don't miss any!
Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
From Our Blog
5 Traits an Intern Can Learn from Successful Sports Stars
Do you know how Venus Williams turned out to be a successful businessperson? Yes the tennis ace, Venus Williams is also the proud CEO and founder of EleVen (clothing brand) and V Starr Interiors (interior design company). The 7-time Grand Slam winner is more than just an amazing athlete, she also has extraordinary leadership traits. [...] Read More