NBC Sports Group
Location: Stamford, CT
Job Status: Full Time
Back to Jobs
The engineering team, acting as front line support, is responsible for the trouble shooting, technical diagnosis and smooth operation of several graphic creative and playback groups.
• Works with external providers to resolve technical and workflow issues with provided equipment and systems.
• Implementation of a routine preventative maintenance program, including software and hardware updates.
• Will operate within the Graphic, Post-Production and IT/Networking realms to perform critical circuit delivery and communication with the corporate network.
• Responsible for the support of both live and graphic creation operations within the facility. Will also be involved in Pro-Tools, Screening Rooms, and Post Production realms.
• Passionate about the Graphic creation and Playback process, excited by new technologies and opportunities and ready to help develop and improve the existing process and infrastructure.
• Proficient at communicating both problems and solutions to technical and non-technical personnel alike and will help develop new processes, technologies and techniques which will help to improve the running of the facility.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in the technical support of a Graphics Facility or similar operation.
• BS degree in either engineering or IT; or equivalent combination of education/experience.
• Experience and understanding of network sports production is advantageous.
• Experience with Apple and PC intensive graphic environments essential, including Adobe Creative Cloud, Cinema 4D and various plug-in configurations.
• Experience with Chyron character generator, both HyperX series and Mosaic eFX XL systems essential.
• Experience with Team render farms essential.
• Strong understanding of Apple OS X, Microsoft Windows 7 and Server Operating Systems.
• Experience and understanding of computer networks, including hardware, protocols and firewalls in a production environment.
• Clear understanding of a variety of audio and video CODECS, wrappers and the formats involved in file based workflows; • Ability to diagnose and repair equipment to board level utilizing industry standard test equipment, and ability to build and repair cable and connectors.
• Good problem solving and communication skills are essential for this role.
• Experience and understanding of anti-piracy measures and the relationship with IT security in a Post Production environment.
• Comfortable with *nix command line
Good understanding of modern post production workflows and media management
• Position requires excellent interpersonal skills and a cool, level headed individual who works well under the pressures of live television.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and travel on site to cover live sports productions and system maintenance
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered Job Numbe 32917BR
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Excellent written and verbal communication as well as diplomacy skills
• The ability to work both alone and in a team environment with fellow engineers, Operations, IT and other departments, while maintaining a strong Customer focus.
• Ability and desire to learn new production technologies.
• Possess strong hands-on, problem solving skills with broadcast-related equipment and systems, with the ability to meet deadlines, and with an understanding of the urgent and dynamic needs of an “On-Air” broadcast facility.
No Site Does What We Do
Instead of searching through massive catch-all job sites, more full of noise than opportunities that suit you,
or bookmarking hundreds of employer career pages and visiting them daily - instead of doing all the tedious work yourself, we do it for you.
Our staff is hard at work finding sports jobs from every sports employer and putting it all in one place, so you don't have to.
We’re the best at what we do and we'll prove it.
When you're ready to put your job search into high gear, upgrade your account
and get full access to every sports job right now.
While you're focused on getting the right job, we’ll make sure you don't miss any!
Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
From Our Blog
Why The “Battle of the Sexes” Was About More Than Tennis
Women have been fighting for equal rights and equal pay for decades. Many believe one of the first instances of social change in women’s sports was the tennis match between Bobby Riggs and Billie Jean King in 1973. Riggs challenged King to a match with a $100,000 prize, the “Battle of the Sexes” match became [...] Read More