Editor, Advertising Standards
NBC Sports Group
Location: New York, NY
Job Status: Full Time
Back to Jobs
The Advertising Standards department is tasked with ensuring that viewers are presented with advertising materials that are truthful, tasteful, substantiated, and non-deceptive. As an Advertising Standards Editor you will work to ensure that advertising materials submitted comply with NBCUniversal’s internal and external standards, laws and regulations, and public interest considerations. You will report directly to the Senior Manager, Advertising Standards. This is a dynamic, fast-paced, and high volume position that requires excellent multi-tasking skills, impeccable communication skills, and attention to detail.
Core Responsibilities Include:
• Review advertising materials from concept/storyboard to final edit to ensure that they meet internal brand standards and regulatory requirements.
• Work closely with Senior Manager and internal stakeholders throughout the business to understand their needs and develop strategies that ensure seamless execution of their key objectives and priorities.
• Evaluate a wide range of marketing, scientific and other data submitted in support of advertising claims.
• Provide realistic, constructive advice to external clients consistent with NBCUniversal guidelines, and FTC, FDA and FCC rules and regulations.
• Negotiate with internal and external stakeholders including sales teams, advertising agency representatives, and legal counsel.
• Assist with the review of cross company strategic advertising and marketing content and provide guidance to internal businesses.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum 1 year of full time work experience in a corporate setting.
• Excellent oral and written skills.
• Ability to negotiate and persuade with tact and diplomacy.
• Strong time management and task prioritization skills.
• Superior organizational skills.
• Advertising industry experience, including additional relevant intern experience, is a significant plus.
• A passion for the business of television and an interest in advertising.
• Self-starter; able to work independently.
• Experience interfacing with clients.
• Outstanding academic credentials.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
"Note: The direct apply link below seems to randomly have issues. If you get an error message, go to http://www.nbcunicareers.com/ and search for this job using requisition #34956BR .- WIS Member Support"
No Site Does What We Do
Instead of searching through massive catch-all job sites, more full of noise than opportunities that suit you,
or bookmarking hundreds of employer career pages and visiting them daily - instead of doing all the tedious work yourself, we do it for you.
Our staff is hard at work finding sports jobs from every sports employer and putting it all in one place, so you don't have to.
We’re the best at what we do and we'll prove it.
When you're ready to put your job search into high gear, upgrade your account
and get full access to every sports job right now.
While you're focused on getting the right job, we’ll make sure you don't miss any!
Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
From Our Blog
How Data Analytics Helps Coaches in Planning
Before data entered sports, all coaches had in terms of statistical reporting was who played, who scored and who didn’t. This, by and large, was the basis on which players on any particular sport were evaluated. Decisions about who to play, draft, coach or develop were being made with a “gut” feeling or adhering to [...] Read More