Assistant Manager, Operations - Sports
NBC Sports Group
Location: Stamford, CT
Job Status: Full Time
Back to Jobs
This position will work closely within the Olympic Operations team and associated planning departments. Responsibilities include, but not limited to; attending and assisting the managing of internal planning meetings and documentation, database management for Operations, Facilities and various Depts., assist Manager in all aspects of logistical support for “At Home/ Stamford based” personnel leading up to and throughout the duration of the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics.
• Manage communications regarding travel logistics, accommodations and assignment specifics for Stamford Olympic Personnel
• Facilitate planning between Operations manager and multi-department groups: Games Services, Digital, Engineering, Production, IT, HR, Finance, Facilities Administration and Studio teams
• Part of an overall production management group representing Operations for pre-games planning and games time execution. Responsibilities entail (but not limited to): travel logistics, building logistics, administrative tasks, scheduling, payroll and working autonomously within the internal dAssistant atabase
• Ability to quickly learn and navigate several internal processes, procedures and database systems
• Other assignments and projects as needed
This is a project / limited term position with an estimated end date of mid-March 2018; unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
• 3 years minimum Production Management experience in television, live events and or accommodations preferred but not required
• Strong communication (both written and verbal)
• Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail, and ability to absorb and communicate important information in a timely fashion
• Proven ability to assess priorities, adapt to extreme fast-paced environments, with good reactionary skills
• Ability to provide budget analysis and forecasts
• Willingness to work long hours and overnight shifts with limited personal time off (during games time)
• College degree mandatory
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Willingness and ability to be flexible and able to excel in a dynamic and quick paced environment
• Ability to be proactive and multitask, adapting successfully to changing priorities, circumstances and timelines
• Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proactive with quick and detailed follow-through.
• Keen sense to know how/when to escalate issues or solve independently
"Note: The direct apply link below seems to randomly have issues. If you get an error message, go to http://www.nbcunicareers.com/ and search for this job using requisition #35794BR .- WIS Member Support"
No Site Does What We Do
Instead of searching through massive catch-all job sites, more full of noise than opportunities that suit you,
or bookmarking hundreds of employer career pages and visiting them daily - instead of doing all the tedious work yourself, we do it for you.
Our staff is hard at work finding sports jobs from every sports employer and putting it all in one place, so you don't have to.
We’re the best at what we do and we'll prove it.
When you're ready to put your job search into high gear, upgrade your account
and get full access to every sports job right now.
While you're focused on getting the right job, we’ll make sure you don't miss any!
Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
From Our Blog
What’s Next in Wearable Sports Technology
Like all trends, wearable sports technology is constantly undergoing changes and improvements to keep consumers interested. Fitbits, Apple Watches, and other wearables are well marketed to consumers, and companies have built their brands to become a necessities for many people in their day to day lives. Wearable gadgets are here to stay. Wrist gadgets, maybe [...] Read More