NBC Sports Group
Location: Stamford, CT
Job Status: Full Time
Back to Jobs
This position will provide technical project management expertise in the software development lifecycle both for external client implementations as well as internal departmental project initiatives. The role requires the ability to capture technical product requirements and lead teams across various functions such as Dev and QA and ensure that the business product goals and milestones are met. The Project Manager is a client-facing role requiring excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and provides an opportunity for an individual to expand beyond traditional SDLC technologies and products such as video streaming, television event-based projects and systems.
• Manage business expectations and drive to accurately capture product goals, budgets and event driven timelines
• Diligently work to deliver on high profile projects and ensure the Leadership Team has clear expectations of milestones and risks by reporting and presenting with the project team.
• Lead in the analysis, design, and development stages of partner implementations, meeting all project milestones and service agreements
• Maintain product backlogs, sprint backlogs, and user stories
• Support project team with the creation of technical documents such as business object models, gap analysis matrices, and weekly status reports demonstrating an understanding of tech components
• Where applicable, be responsible for producing and maintaining comprehensive documentation (both event production schedules, development trackers, and legal-related agreements)
• Participate in deployments, upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed for premium live events and partner product launches
• Work with our broad partner set roles including Developers, Engineers, QA, Support, and Operations for a variety of high profile clients in the Sports and Media industry
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in technical project management duties
• Degree from Undergraduate program in IT, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum basic skills in creating Microsoft Project Plans, Project Charters, and Visio docs
• Proficient with project management tools such as Jira, Basecamp, or other
• Basic understanding of LAN and WAN networking technologies
• Proficiency in working with the Software Development Lifecycle
• Experience with HTTP, DNS, UDP, MPEG TS, Aspera FASP, Signiant, and various other transport protocols and network/compression concepts and plus, but not required
• Understanding of frontend web application environments including Java, CSS, and HTML5
• Basic understanding of mobile, tablet and OTT connected devices and protocols
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #36780BR: )
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• PMP or Agile certifications desired, but not required
• Exposure to any web application development and performance testing
• Exposure to video streaming protocols such as Smooth, HDS, RTMP, HLS, and DASH
• Familiar with event-based projects and an ability to work in high stress, high visibility environments
No Site Does What We Do
Instead of searching through massive catch-all job sites, more full of noise than opportunities that suit you,
or bookmarking hundreds of employer career pages and visiting them daily - instead of doing all the tedious work yourself, we do it for you.
Our staff is hard at work finding sports jobs from every sports employer and putting it all in one place, so you don't have to.
We’re the best at what we do and we'll prove it.
When you're ready to put your job search into high gear, upgrade your account
and get full access to every sports job right now.
While you're focused on getting the right job, we’ll make sure you don't miss any!
Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
From Our Blog
7 Careers Fans of Winter Sports Should Consider
If you turn your passion into your career, you won’t work a day in your life – so the wisdom goes. If you’re a winter sports fan, there are a number of jobs you could consider which will combine your interest with a way to earn a living. Get your gear in order and take [...] Read More