Technical Director - Sports
NBC Sports Group
Location: Stamford, CT
Job Status: Full Time
Back to Jobs
The Technical Director will prepare effects/transitions and operate a production switcher to provide a complete program of multi-layered video sources with graphical effects live for air.
• Build and organize switcher effects, snapshots, transitions and specialty wipes
• Prepare and route video and audio sources
• Switch live, fast-paced Sports oriented programs per Director’s instructions
• Help provide solutions for studio, and control room production needs
• Serve as a crew chief when applicable
• Test and prepare television technical operations systems and equipment for use
• Work closely with Operations Management and Engineering to ensure all equipment is meeting clients expectations
• Responsible for compliance with all applicable company policies
• Provide support for additional projects as assigned
• Minimum 5 years of experience using production switchers, DVE’s, graphics devices, DDR’s, electronic routers and patch bays
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a live sports production control room environment.
• Must be available for all shifts (weekends and holidays); schedule changes with little to no notice; working additional hours beyond schedule as needed
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be available for all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
• Must be willing to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Ability to think quickly, communicate well and keep pace with fast moving shows
• Strong client service and interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle pressure in an on-air environment
• Knowledge of live news TV production processes
• Previous experience with INews systems
• Advanced PC computer skills
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
• Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Equipment knowledge desired: Sony MVS7000X 5 ME HD Switcher, Abekas Mira DDR, Miranda KX-16 Multi Image Processor, EVS XS Spot Box, Evertz Equinox, Routing System, Telex Communication System, Vista Spyder X20
No Site Does What We Do
Instead of searching through massive catch-all job sites, more full of noise than opportunities that suit you,
or bookmarking hundreds of employer career pages and visiting them daily - instead of doing all the tedious work yourself, we do it for you.
Our staff is hard at work finding sports jobs from every sports employer and putting it all in one place, so you don't have to.
We’re the best at what we do and we'll prove it.
When you're ready to put your job search into high gear, upgrade your account
and get full access to every sports job right now.
While you're focused on getting the right job, we’ll make sure you don't miss any!
Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
From Our Blog
7 Careers Fans of Winter Sports Should Consider
If you turn your passion into your career, you won’t work a day in your life – so the wisdom goes. If you’re a winter sports fan, there are a number of jobs you could consider which will combine your interest with a way to earn a living. Get your gear in order and take [...] Read More