Director - Sports Bay Area
NBC Sports Group
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job Status: Full Time
Back to Jobs
• Multi-skilled director needed for live pre & postgame, news shows & special format programming. The director will prepare crew and direct various newscasts as assigned. This role will collaborate with management, producer and crew to create & organize production elements including: live shots, graphics, tapes and cameras for air. This role will also enterprise enhancements in production, quality and systems, as well as direct ancillary projects (promos, public affairs programs, etc.) as assigned.
• Thorough knowledge of studio operations as well as experience in planning and executing shows on remote location, technical planning, site surveys, and budgetary planning.
• Collaborate with producers and crew to create and organize production elements including live shots, graphics, video and cameras for air.
• Work with set and graphic designers to enhance the overall creative look of a show; select appropriate show music for graphic animations, bumpers, edited segments, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience directing major market television newscast
• Significant experience in a digital news environment
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #36798BR: )
• Must be willing to work in San Francisco, CA
• Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings, early mornings, weekends and holidays when necessary
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; can work effectively with both technical and editorial personnel to execute shows
• Knowledge of digital news production systems
• Proven ability to prioritize and make critical programming decisions under tight deadlines.
• Demonstrates initiative; self-starter
• Effective leader, both in the control room and in the organization
• Enthusiasm is a must; demonstrates passion for directing
• Direct and function as a team leader on ancillary projects as assigned
No Site Does What We Do
Instead of searching through massive catch-all job sites, more full of noise than opportunities that suit you,
or bookmarking hundreds of employer career pages and visiting them daily - instead of doing all the tedious work yourself, we do it for you.
Our staff is hard at work finding sports jobs from every sports employer and putting it all in one place, so you don't have to.
We’re the best at what we do and we'll prove it.
When you're ready to put your job search into high gear, upgrade your account
and get full access to every sports job right now.
While you're focused on getting the right job, we’ll make sure you don't miss any!
Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
From Our Blog
Behind the Scenes Working at the NHL – Work in Sports Podcast e029
Behind the Scenes Working at the NHL – Chris Wojcik NHL Director of Event Communication and Player Relations Hi everybody I’m Brian Clapp Director of Content for WorkinSports.com and this is the Work in Sports podcast. When I first broke into the sports media, way back in 1996, I was 100% behind the scenes as [...] Read More