Product Manager - Regional Sports Networks HQ
NBC Sports Group
Location: Stamford, CT
Job Status: Full Time
Back to Jobs
ResponsibilitiesRole PurposeThe Product Manager will work with the Director of Product and assist the RSN Corporate teams by coordinating and implementing new product, content, sales and marketing initiatives. Plan, manage, and deliver projects, from conception through testing and deployment, within scope, budget and timelines.Job Duties
Qualifications/RequirementsBasic Qualifications Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience Minimum two (2) years' experience working in Digital product managementAdditional Qualifications Proven track record with product development and/or production Experience with Drupal-based CMS and site management tools Basic HTML and Photoshop skills required Experience working with shared resources (ex. Engineering, Design)Additional Job Requirements Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: ) Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States Must be 18 years or older It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Work with the Director of Product to coordinate and communicate all product releases with local multiplatform teams
- Take the lead on any special projects, sales, research or symphony initiatives requiring RSN site implementation
- Collaborate with product, technical and operational teams to determine business and technical requirements for new product delivery
- Manage detailed product schedules/plans, to see features and products through the product development lifecycle, including training, maintenance, and post-launch analysis.
- Research competition and adjacent markets to identify emerging trends and new business opportunities.
- Manage workflow with 3rd party product teams or vendors
- Work with strategic partners to manage campaign integration (ex. Yahoo, SB Nation)
- Support the Director of Business Intelligence and Ad Ops in optimizing sales integrations
- Work with the Content Director on strategic product implementations designed to increase traffic and engagement
- Support RSNs in QA and issue escalation
Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
Must have excellent communication and leadership skills
Sports and/or News category experience
Strength in working both independently and across cross-functional/matrix teams
No Site Does What We Do
Instead of searching through massive catch-all job sites, more full of noise than opportunities that suit you,
or bookmarking hundreds of employer career pages and visiting them daily - instead of doing all the tedious work yourself, we do it for you.
Our staff is hard at work finding sports jobs from every sports employer and putting it all in one place, so you don't have to.
We’re the best at what we do and we'll prove it.
When you're ready to put your job search into high gear, upgrade your account
and get full access to every sports job right now.
While you're focused on getting the right job, we’ll make sure you don't miss any!
Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
From Our Blog
Karl Keating: Exploring the World of Sports Brand Marketing – Work in Sports Podcats e093
Karl Keating, Brand lead for Nike’s House of Hoops joins the show to discuss international sports marketing, the challenges of leading teams and the various corporate cultures in sports apparel and lifestyle. Hi everybody I’m Brian Clapp Director of Content for WorkinSports.com and this is the Work in Sports podcast… The Silicon Valley is a [...] Read More