Digital Desk Manager
NBC Sports Group
Location: Stamford, CT
Job Status: Full Time
Back to Jobs
ResponsibilitiesRole PurposeThis position is part of the core publishing team for NBC Sports Regional Networks. The role includes managing the day-to-day editorial maintenance and publishing of content to the RSN's collection of sites and apps. This position will also work with NBC Sports' partners on the distribution of content. Responsibilities
Qualifications/RequirementsBasic Qualifications Bachelor's Degree in journalism or related field, or relevant work experience Minimum three (3) years' experience in sports editorial management, working with producers, reporters, editors and freelancers Minimum three (3) years of online and digital media experience, specifically methods of content display and layoutAdditional Qualifications Willingness to work flexible schedule based on event coverage Familiarity with HTML and/or web authoring tools and software Familiarity with AP style and the ability to create clean copy Proficient at discerning and analyzing sports storylines Proven experience managing a team Demonstrated experience in packaging content for a digital audience, editing written content for publication, and headline writing for web/apps Demonstrated proficiency with Photoshop or other photo-editing softwareEligibility Requirements Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: ) Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States Must be 18 years or older It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Oversee digital content editing, publishing and distribution for the NBC Sports Regional Networks websites and apps
- Assist editorial staff by monitoring wires, editing copy, writing headlines and selecting complementary content as necessary
- Manage editorial team responsible for editing, publishing and distributing content
- Lead recruiting and hiring of editorial staff
- Closely monitor content generated by editorial staff to ensure it meets NBC standards for quality, accuracy and relevance
- Collaborate with regional digital leads on content planning, publishing and distribution workflow
- Leverage content partnerships to drive traffic and expand reach
- Contribute feedback into initiatives that affect design, user experience and functionality of the RSN's website and mobile apps
- Work closely with site production and development teams to ensure editorial vision is executed, content needs are met, CMS and other tools are effective
Strong attention to detail and ability to work well on deadline
Ability to multi-task and thrive in a high-pressure environment.
Deep knowledge across all major American sports, including NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB and MLS
Strong eye for graphic design
Must be a team player
No Site Does What We Do
Instead of searching through massive catch-all job sites, more full of noise than opportunities that suit you,
or bookmarking hundreds of employer career pages and visiting them daily - instead of doing all the tedious work yourself, we do it for you.
Our staff is hard at work finding sports jobs from every sports employer and putting it all in one place, so you don't have to.
We’re the best at what we do and we'll prove it.
When you're ready to put your job search into high gear, upgrade your account
and get full access to every sports job right now.
While you're focused on getting the right job, we’ll make sure you don't miss any!
Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
From Our Blog
What You Need to Know About Careers in Minor League Baseball – Work in Sports Podcast e075
Bob Moullette Assistant General Manager of the New Orleans Baby Cakes joins the show to talk about life in minor league baseball, changing careers at 28 years old and his favorite minor league promotions. Hi everybody I’m Brian Clapp Director of Content for WorkinSports.com and this is the Work in Sports podcast… Baseball is getting [...] Read More