Sr. Software Engineer
NBC Sports Group
Location: Orlando, FL
Job Status: Full Time
Back to Jobs
The Senior Software Engineer takes the primary engineering responsibility and ownership for key areas of the GolfNow Marketing Platform.
- Own all aspects of technology related to the products built,
- Works with GolfNow Marketing Managers and Product Owners to help define future technology architecture of the GolfNow Marketing Platform,
- Mentor and guide other engineers,
- Deliver software on time and to specification with minimal supervision,
- Work directly with business and technology leadership to manage end user expectations,
- Participate in code reviews as needed to ensure quality and secure coding practices,
- Help create user journeys, technical specifications, system documentation and other project deliverables,
- Provide level of effort on new features and products,
- Create proof of concepts and roadmap their path to mature products,
- Promote teamwork in covering the full SDLC as required,
- Build trust and cooperation between technology and clients whether internal teams or external customers,
- Willingness to assist in deployments,
- Participate in security governance for PII and other compliance standards,
- Other duties as assigned.
Core Qualifications and Experience:
•2+ years of experience with MongoDB or other comparable NoSQL databases,
•2+ years experience gathering requirements using OO analysis techniques and tools,
•Familiar with all parts of the LAMP stack in which WordPress runs,
•Able to perform maintenance tasks such as update WordPress version, plugins, themes with roll-back strategy,
•Experience migrating WordPress sites across environments,
•Plus, familiar with scaling WordPress instances in containerized environments such as Kubernetes,
•Deep understanding of microservice and container based design patterns and architectures,
•Experience using technologies such as RabbitMQ, Redis, and ElasticSearch is a plus,
•Experience in modern Agile Methodologies (SCRUM and or Extreme) is a plus,
•Experience in modern front-end technologies such as React or Angular is preferred,
•Experience in a collaborative, team-driven software engineering environment,
•Team player with strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills,
•Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science.
No Site Does What We Do
Instead of searching through massive catch-all job sites, more full of noise than opportunities that suit you,
or bookmarking hundreds of employer career pages and visiting them daily - instead of doing all the tedious work yourself, we do it for you.
Our staff is hard at work finding sports jobs from every sports employer and putting it all in one place, so you don't have to.
Weï¿½re the best at what we do and we'll prove it.
When you're ready to put your job search into high gear, upgrade your account
and get full access to every sports job right now.
While you're focused on getting the right job, weï¿½ll make sure you don't miss any!
Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
From Our Blog
Dr. Amy Giddings: The Evolution of Coaching – Work in Sports podcast
Being a coach means you are always in the public eye, but rarely understood. Dr. Amy Giddings from Temple University joins the Work in Sports podcast this week to discuss the unknown world of being a coach. Hi everybody, I’m Brian Clapp Director of Content for WorkinSports.com and this is the Work in Sports podcast… [...] Read More