Social Media Editor
NBC Sports Group
Location: New York, NY
Job Status: Full-Time
Back to Jobs
Position Overview:The Freelance Social Media Editor will help manage SNY's social media presence to maintain consistent voice and own audience interaction across social media platforms. This is a part-time role that will be approximately 15 hours/week. The Freelance Social Media Editor will preferably work on-site as SNY's offices, but remote candidates will be considered.
• At the direction of the Editor-In-Chief and Senior Social Media Editor, will own and maintain SNY's brand and tone of voice across platforms to ensure consistency
• Produce and edit video, images and GIFs for use across SNY.tv and social media platforms
• Pitch, write, create and curate content for social media platforms. Ensure that the posts reflect the tone and voice of SNY's content strategy
• Optimize linear content to be published on SNY.tv and social platforms
• Build audience engagement with an understanding of data and analytics, identifying and monitoring trends
• Execute and measure marketing initiatives, including targeting and boosting, in coordination with the Multi-Platform Marketing Manager
• Brainstorm, draft and implement strategies to guide our social media efforts
• Cover events live across social platforms
• Identify, pitch and write trending stories
• Plan social-first editorial strategies, as well as custom content for visual platforms like Facebook videos and Instagram
• Edit and cut videos for our various social media platforms
• Run breaking news events across social media, including live tweeting and Facebook Live
• Innovate new content strategies to broaden the brand's reach
• Train reporters and editors across the newsroom in social media best practices
• Stay up to date on the latest social media announcements and emerging technologies
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stories and projects at once in an organized manner
- Proven track record building an audience and deepening engagement with targeted demos as part of a team
- Minimum one (1) year experience in social media or audience engagement
- Strong writing and editing skills required
- Proficient in the use of the following camera and editing systems: DSLR, iPhone 8+,TVU, AVID, Photoshop, Premiere, Snapstream
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Available to work flexible, non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Previous experience in a breaking news environment is a plus
No Site Does What We Do
Instead of searching through massive catch-all job sites, more full of noise than opportunities that suit you,
or bookmarking hundreds of employer career pages and visiting them daily - instead of doing all the tedious work yourself, we do it for you.
Our staff is hard at work finding sports jobs from every sports employer and putting it all in one place, so you don't have to.
Weï¿½re the best at what we do and we'll prove it.
When you're ready to put your job search into high gear, upgrade your account
and get full access to every sports job right now.
While you're focused on getting the right job, weï¿½ll make sure you don't miss any!
Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
From Our Blog
Researching a Company To See If You Fit – Work In Sports Podcast
What Kind of Research Should You Do to Determine if you are a Match for a Job? Hey it’s Brian before we get into todays podcast …The University of San Francisco’s Sport Management Master’s program has been educating industry professionals for 30 years!! Take the fast track to the career you’ve always wanted. [...] Read More