Lead Software Engineer
NBC Sports Group
Location: International ~ United Kingdom
Job Status: Full-Time
Back to Jobs
The Lead Software Engineer will provide technical direction, mentor-ship and progressive people management. Working closely with product, engineering and operational teams, this highly visible and mission critical position will assist in the development of products that process tens of millions of online golf rounds per year. The Lead Software Engineer will work with cutting edge technologies and become involved in the implementation and evolution of the entire product development lifecycle.
They will be a key member of a multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for new products, new features, maintenance and support of the BRS Golf platform and contribute to business success by;
- Working with the product teams, customers and external partners to determine requirements, converting these into designs and blueprints and ultimately ensuring the product is developed to meet end user and business expectations.
- Providing technical guidance for software development teams (across multiple platforms and languages) throughout the course of projects.
- Proactively driving excellence, innovation and team performance through a progressive people and project management approach that includes;
- Technical oversight to a growing development team working in an Agile environment.
- Managing and clearly communicating progress towards delivery and embedding a culture of ongoing feedback and knowledge sharing.
- Collaboration with colleagues and advising senior management on opportunities to improve as we grow such as implementing new and emerging technologies.
- Being an ambassador for the GolfNow and BRS Golf brands, building strong working relationships with colleagues local and internationally as well as with customers and external partners.
- As a member of the Management Team, participate in activities and initiatives that contribute towards the achievement of overarching business goals and objectives.
It is essential that candidates have:
5+ years professional software development experience with 2 years being at a senior engineering or people management level.
Professional Expertise with 2 or more of the following technologies;
Angular, VueJs, React, Symfony, Laravel
Web services (SOAP/REST)
MySQL, SQL Server, Postgres
Candidates must also be able to demonstrate:
Experience of providing technical oversight and strong people management skills to lead a team across multiple project streams.
Professional experience of ;
o multiple architectural design patterns
o web development and security best practices
o designing and using relational databases
o unit testing
o performing code reviews in an educational and supportive way
A high level of self-motivation, excellent organisational skills with a proactive and enthusiastic attitude.
Strong written and verbal communication skills
A solutions based approach which is analytical and the ability to articulate and propose new approaches and processes.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
Professional experience of developing Microservices
Container based development/deployment (Docker/Kubernetes)
Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
Agile delivery principles & supporting processes
An understanding of the Golf industry and a passion for the game
Salary: Highly competitive with a generous benefits package Location: Belfast
Closing Date: 5pm, 28th Feb 2020
No Site Does What We Do
Instead of searching through massive catch-all job sites, more full of noise than opportunities that suit you,
or bookmarking hundreds of employer career pages and visiting them daily - instead of doing all the tedious work yourself, we do it for you.
Our staff is hard at work finding sports jobs from every sports employer and putting it all in one place, so you don't have to.
WeοΏ½re the best at what we do and we'll prove it.
When you're ready to put your job search into high gear, upgrade your account
and get full access to every sports job right now.
While you're focused on getting the right job, weοΏ½ll make sure you don't miss any!
Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
From Our Blog
Bryan Van Den Bosch, Minnesota Twins New Business Development Manager Work In Sports Podcast
Minnesota Twins New Business Development Manager Bryan Van Den Bosch joins Work in Sports podcast host Brian Clapp to discuss sports sales jobs, leadership and building a strong team Hey everybody, Im Brian Clapp, VP of Content and Engaged learning at WorkInSports.com and this is the Work In Sports podcast. As I have admitted many [...] Read More