NBC Sports Group
Location: Miami, FL
Job Status: Full-Time
Back to Jobs
Telemundo Deportes is looking for an experienced and creative producer for the No. 1 sports studio show in Spanish-language TV, Titulares y Más...the late-night program at the intersection of sports news, opinion and pop culture.
This position will concentrate primarily producing department's late-night sports franchise, Titulares Y Más, across all linear, digital and social platforms. Producer will also assist in similar capacities with other productions, as needed.
Producers are responsible for the successful creation and execution of a show. The role of the producer is to create and arrange all editorial content for the broadcast, manage all aspects of the production. Producers also supervise show staff, and coordinate other deliverables with sales, traffic, digital, technical production and other internal teams.
The producer will report to the show's Director of Production or Executive Producer.
- Meet with Executive Producer and/or Coordinating Producer and Managing Editor to review production schedule, as well as editorial content for shows.
- Create daily rundown and line produce show; prep w/talent and production.
- Develop daily show topics and areas of discussion; aggregate related content from across various platforms for incorporation into the show.
- Produce content for Digital and social platforms; coordinate with Sports digital team and coordinate effort across network digital teams.
- Review and supervise original editorial content for the show. Define the style and tone of a package or piece, including selecting all sound bites and footage.
- Supervise all scripts (including writing) and editing of a story.
- Field produce stories and assist with live shots as needed.
- Attain a complete knowledge of all show elements; how they work and how they are applied within a show.
- Provide story and event coverage ideas to improve show on a regular basis. Research stories as needed. Participate in department wide editorial planning.
- Prepare scripts and materials for cross-promotional purposes and for use by digital media department and network affiliates.
- Supervise sports briefs, newscast, and other sports segments for quality control and content across broadcast and digital platforms.
- Review and manage show budgets; work with operations team to process invoices, report music sheets, etc. in a timely manner with sports management.
- Coordinate with traffic, sales operations, and research on formats and reporting.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Seven years' experience working in live TV environment or ten years' experience working in television is required.
- A bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, - -
Broadcasting from an accredited university required.
- Demonstrate organizational skills.
- Able to work effectively in a high-pressure environment without direct supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and follow directions from numerous sources as part of a team. Candidates will be working in a fast-paced and high-stakes environment.
- Must be able to represent the department and company in a professional and ethical manner always.
- Solid knowledge of sports content with an emphasis on Mexican and International soccer, US domestic sports, boxing and combat sports targeted for US Hispanic market.
- Candidates should be avid followers of related sports on social media. Candidate must submit to area proficiency test, if asked.
- Ideal candidates should also demonstrate familiarity with sports culture aspects like gaming, fantasy leagues, eSports, apparel and sports fandom.
- Keen interest in U.S. popular culture, such as music, movies and celebrities.
- Experience working with social media platforms and products (FB, IG, Twitter).
- Candidate must be able to line produce live show in traditional PCR environment, and learn new production workflows, including automated PCRs.
- Ability to interact effectively with all sports operations personnel and external department personnel who can impact the daily operations.
- Solid editing, writing and production principals are a must. Familiarity with production and editing software, technology, formats and tools.
- Computer skills: INEWS, Cameo, Avid Interplay, MS Office, etc.
- Must be fully fluent in English and Spanish (both written and verbal)
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in the greater Miami area
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
- Must have a valid driver's license (if applicable)
- Must have a valid passport for travel
- Must be "on call" 24 hours a day / 7 days a week (if applicable)
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
No Site Does What We Do
Instead of searching through massive catch-all job sites, more full of noise than opportunities that suit you,
or bookmarking hundreds of employer career pages and visiting them daily - instead of doing all the tedious work yourself, we do it for you.
Our staff is hard at work finding sports jobs from every sports employer and putting it all in one place, so you don't have to.
Weï¿½re the best at what we do and we'll prove it.
When you're ready to put your job search into high gear, upgrade your account
and get full access to every sports job right now.
While you're focused on getting the right job, weï¿½ll make sure you don't miss any!
Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
From Our Blog
Kevin Brown: Detroit Red Wings Director of Community Relations & Director of the Detroit Red Wings Foundation
Hey everybody, I’m Brian Clapp VP of Content and Engaged learning for WorkInSports.com and this is the Work In Sports podcast… Community relations is food for the soul of an organization. Still one of my favorite quotes. It’s from an anonymous CEO, I’d give credit if I could. And it’s a true statement. When most [...] Read More