Analytics - Data & Business Analyst
NBC Sports Group
Location: Stamford, CT
Job Status: Full-Time
Back to Jobs
- Exceptional communication skills - verbal and written
- Strong follow up with ability manage multiple tasks & deadlines for themselves and others
- Comfort working with business users of all levels
- Ability to work closely with business to understand reporting & dashboarding needs, assess business value & capture their prioritization of requests.
- Ability to write up succinct meeting recaps, and create simple, clear PowerPoint presentations
- Ability to gather reporting requirements and provide detailed documentation, with mockups / wireframes
- Eye for good data visualizations (on point to business question, aesthetically pleasing, easy to use), and some UX / UI design skill.
- Ability to assess and engineer efficient workflows, and document process flows
- Ability to conduct Data analysis: Data profiling, source data analysis, test data sampling/validations, tracking down data from primary or secondary data sources, maintain databases/data systems. Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets. Designing & documenting data transformations to create final data sets for Dashboards or for Business Operation Data Insights (Excel/List).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with detail and accuracy
- Able to do first pass QA of newly developed dashboards and reports for usability and data accuracy and to manage larger QA activities
- Project management experience, including maintaining project plans, conducting team meetings, estimating tasks and project timelines, and providing management status reporting
- Ability to work closely with onsite & offshore development teams communicating requirements, understanding technical issues, revising deliver dates based on work effort estimations, providing feedback for offshore QA and other problem solving
- Strong Excel
•Minimum 2 years BA experience, 1 year PM experience
•Familiarity with digital marketing, metrics and third-party data sources (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
•Experience designing visualizations in Power BI, Tableau, Domo or other dashboarding tool
•UX / UI design work
•Familiarity with Data models, Database design development, Data mining techniques, Data Science (SQL, Python, R)
•Familiarity & Passion for Sports and Media
No Site Does What We Do
Instead of searching through massive catch-all job sites, more full of noise than opportunities that suit you,
or bookmarking hundreds of employer career pages and visiting them daily - instead of doing all the tedious work yourself, we do it for you.
Our staff is hard at work finding sports jobs from every sports employer and putting it all in one place, so you don't have to.
Weï¿½re the best at what we do and we'll prove it.
When you're ready to put your job search into high gear, upgrade your account
and get full access to every sports job right now.
While you're focused on getting the right job, weï¿½ll make sure you don't miss any!
Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
From Our Blog
How to Stand Out When You are Applying for Sports Internships – Work In Sports podcast
The Work in Sports podcast is brought to you by EMPOWRD This is the most important election of our time. Period. It’s is incredibly important for you to see through the noise, the chaos, the misinformation — and VOTE. Your VOTE matters. I have already returned my early ballot, dropped it off in person at [...] Read More