NBC Sports Group
Location: International ~ United Kingdom
Job Status: Full-Time
Posted/Updated: 11/23/2020 5:15:05 PM
Back to Jobs
The Software Engineer will develop software for our current and next generation cloud and mobile enterprise products. Working closely with Product, Engineering and Operational Teams, this highly visible and mission critical position will assist in the development of products that process tens of millions of online golf rounds per year. You will work with cutting edge technologies and become involved in the implementation and evolution of the entire product development lifecycle.
The Software Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for new products, new features, maintenance and support of the BRS Golf platform. Their main tasks will include:
- Contributing to the design and development of object-oriented software.
- Interacting with multiple stakeholders spanning Product, Technology and Operation teams.
- Contributing to the software development lifecycle including analysis, design, coding and testing.
- Proactively managing own tasks to agreed deadlines.
- Adopting and providing feedback on industry best practices to our development teams.
- Working with the team to identify innovative ways to improve practices and procedures.
- Working with a client centred focus, with an emphasis on issue resolution in line with SLAs.
It is essential that candidates have:
• Third level qualification in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Proficiency in object-oriented development.
• Minimum 2+ years professional experience developing web solutions in either C# or PHP.
• Experience using SQL and RDBMS.
Candidates must also be able to demonstrate:
• That they are self-motivated, highly organised, proactive and passionate about software development.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail.
Additional skills and experience that would be ddesirable:
• Working with legacy or enterprise systems
• Docker and microservices
• Unit testing and Mocking frameworks
• CI/CD with build tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo/VSTS
• Agile delivery principles & supporting processes
• An understanding of the Golf industry and a passion for the game
Salary: Highly competitive with a generous benefits package
Closing Date: 5pm, Friday 27th November 2020
No Site Does What We Do
Instead of searching through massive catch-all job sites, more full of noise than opportunities that suit you,
or bookmarking hundreds of employer career pages and visiting them daily - instead of doing all the tedious work yourself, we do it for you.
Our staff is hard at work finding sports jobs from every sports employer and putting it all in one place, so you don't have to.
Weï¿½re the best at what we do and we'll prove it.
When you're ready to put your job search into high gear, upgrade your account
and get full access to every sports job right now.
While you're focused on getting the right job, weï¿½ll make sure you don't miss any!
Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
From Our Blog
Dan Duquette, Player Development Expert – Work In Sports podcast
Hey everybody, I’m Brian Clapp, VP of Content and Engaged Learning at WorkInSports.com and this is the Work In Sports podcast… There is a bit of an unfortunate truth in the sports industry… sometimes job titles can mean very different things to different people in different organizations. Take the term marketing for one. People tell [...] Read More