NBC Sports Group
Location: New York, NY
Job Status: Full-Time
Back to Jobs
Work with a driven and highly motivated team to support the sales operations of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. As an Account Executive, NBC Sports, you will be responsible for developing, generating and maintaining new and existing business for the NBC Sports group.
- Generate/increase revenue of new and existing accounts from an established list of advertising agencies and clients to meet annual revenue goals
- Generate additional revenue from untapped sources
- Own, manage, and develop relationships with clients, agencies and advertisers through day-to-day interactions; actively grow industry relationships in order to gain marketplace intelligence
- Understand customer needs and look for opportunities to develop monetize-able creative solutions, including customizable cross-platform opportunities that meet client needs
- Develop accounts from existing linear business to digital business
- Create compelling sales presentations and execute sales calls with agency planning/buying groups and clients to secure business, utilizing rate card guidelines and keeping the network's best inventory interests in mind
- Direct accounts from proposal through post-analysis
- Ensure clients receive superior customer service
- Work with all networks within NBCU portfolio and use leverage in order to grow corporate share and ensure success of all properties
- Lead, develop, motivate and mentor support team of sales planner and sales assistant by developing strong team alliance, inclusive participation and structured training
- Communicate effectively within assigned office, as well as with other sales offices and various operations and sales support groups within the company
- Maintain a working knowledge of research products including but not limited to Nielsen and MRI
• Bachelors degree
• Minimum of 5+ years selling experience in Cable or Broadcast Ad Sales
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Proven experience in prospecting new clients, generating sales leads and closing the sale
• Ability to travel as necessary
• Well Organized
• Self Starter/ Reliable
• Agency and client contacts in the New York/Tri-State Area
• Understand brand & marketing objectives.
• Strong communication, negotiation & presentation skills
• Capacity to work and analyze numeric data.
• Excellent interpersonal and client relation skills
• Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Ability to build and maintain relationships at the senior level
• Strong computer skills especially in Excel, Power Point, and word
No Site Does What We Do
Instead of searching through massive catch-all job sites, more full of noise than opportunities that suit you,
or bookmarking hundreds of employer career pages and visiting them daily - instead of doing all the tedious work yourself, we do it for you.
Our staff is hard at work finding sports jobs from every sports employer and putting it all in one place, so you don't have to.
Weï¿½re the best at what we do and we'll prove it.
When you're ready to put your job search into high gear, upgrade your account
and get full access to every sports job right now.
While you're focused on getting the right job, weï¿½ll make sure you don't miss any!
Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
From Our Blog
Handling Behavioral Interview Questions – Work In Sports podcast
Hey everybody, I’m Brian Clapp, VP of Content and Engaged Learning at WorkinSports.com and this is the Work In Sports podcast… So quick update before we get into the stat line and this week’s fan question. Like so many of you I made a resolution this year. A kick off the new year with a [...] Read More