Vice President, Content
NBC Sports Group
Location: Bethesda, MD
Job Status: Full-Time
Back to Jobs
The Vice President, Content will oversee content all on platforms for NBC Sports Washington (NBCSW). This will include the development and execution of a comprehensive multiplatform strategy, in addition to overseeing day-to-day operations. This role will also collaborate with Monumental Sports Network to help identify programming opportunities to grow both networks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a fully integrated content-producing department that includes news, original content, programming, digital media and social media.
- Develop and produce content with a focus on games, pre and post, in-market video, livestreaming.
- Collaborate with leadership team to drive the creation of content strategy and lead the content team to execute across NBCSW's multiple platforms.
- Develop, execute, and align multiplatform content strategies based upon current and emerging trends in the linear and digital programming space.
- Partner with Sales to create unique opportunities and solutions for large national and local advertising clients.
- Prioritize monthly and weekly workflow to maximize revenue potential for ad sales team while minimizing operational costs.
- Utilize research, analytics, and industry trends to enhance engagement and retention across multiple platforms.
- Increase efficiency and productivity through operational integration and technical innovation.
- Communicate a unified vision, clear direction, and shared goals across all content-producing groups.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with network content and revenue partners such as sports teams, advertisers, radio stations and other related businesses.
- Annual budgeting, monthly forecasting and reporting of content and digital divisions.
•Minimum 10 years of experience in linear content production with at least 4 years focused on digital/social content.
•Minimum 4 years of experience in a senior content role managing a large team with demonstrated success.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Bethesda, MD
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
•Strong production experience including show and live event management and creation, ideally in a major sports market.
•Strong leader and persuasive communicator with a vision; proven ability to self-motivate, work independently as well as collaboratively and motivate and inspire a team.
•Strong knowledge of linear and nonlinear viewing habits and media consumption patterns and great awareness of the latest trends in a changing media landscape.
•Active engagement and participation in the digital community with awareness of new trends in the development of OTT or DTC business models, ideally with sports content.
•Creative mindset with strong knowledge of social web and content development.
•Strong knowledge of sports content and programming at the national and local level.
•Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communication, Business Management or other related field desired.
No Site Does What We Do
Instead of searching through massive catch-all job sites, more full of noise than opportunities that suit you,
or bookmarking hundreds of employer career pages and visiting them daily - instead of doing all the tedious work yourself, we do it for you.
Our staff is hard at work finding sports jobs from every sports employer and putting it all in one place, so you don't have to.
Weï¿½re the best at what we do and we'll prove it.
When you're ready to put your job search into high gear, upgrade your account
and get full access to every sports job right now.
While you're focused on getting the right job, weï¿½ll make sure you don't miss any!
Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
From Our Blog
SportsBiz Hiring Plans for 2021 with Mark Gress Jr. Partner, Prodigy Search – Work In Sports Podcast
Hey everybody, I’m Brian Clapp VP of Content and Engaged learning at WorkInSports.com and this is the Work in Sports podcast. A few years back I was watching a pretty lame movie with Bradley Cooper and Zoe Saldana called The Words. It was predictable, kind of boring, not as interesting as they thought it would [...] Read More