Here is the job that interests you:
2017 Cooperstown Baseball Hall of Fame Tour Intern
Location: Chicago, IL
|Job Status: Internship
Major League Baseball, The Baseball Hall of Fame and IMAX Corporation have partnered with Grand Slam Productions, LLC to produce the "We Are Baseball" exhibition in major and minor league baseball stadiums. “We Are Baseball” is a mobile, interactive exhibition with artifacts from the Baseball Hall of Fame intended to bring the history of the game to fans across the country. We are seeking multiple students for non-paid internships and stipend-paid positions.
The non-paid internships are open to all students who are looking to fulfill their intern requirements prior to graduation.
Candidates for the stipend-paid positions must have completed all courses for graduation or all course work except their final internship for consideration. Selected Stipend candidates MUST be available for the entire 8 months of the tour.
The tour will travel to 12–14 cities this season for approximately two to three weeks per market, starting in late February and running through November 1, 2017.
The tour will provide all interns with shared room accommodations, travel to-and- from each city, as well as a $30/day food allowance. Interns will work in phases of the event including operations, administration, production and customer service.
- Work as a ticket seller in the box office
- Generate ticket sales reports as needed
- Help with daily opening/closing activities
- Assists with group sales preparation
- Provide assistance for the setup and tear down of the exhibit
- Serve as a production runner for tour purchases as needed
- Assist with opening and closing of the exhibit
- Help with local staff scheduling and coordination
- Oversee the daily operations for the exhibit
- Handle customer service needs
- Assist the tour accountant with preparation of financial reports
- Ensure that necessary employee paperwork is completed for payroll
- Help check payroll submissions for accuracy
- Reconcile credit card / petty cash receipts
- Work with Intaact accounting system
- Actively engage with all guests and anticipate their needs including providing maps and promotional materials
- Manage necessary crowd control throughout the exhibits, including organization of lines and flow of traffic through the event
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of the exhibits/displays
- Assist with local promotion to increase daily sales
Please send a copy of your resume by email. Please indicate in a cover letter and on the subject line which internship program you are interested in.