Here is the job that interests you:
Manager, Volunteer Operations
Location: Benton Harbor, MI
|Job Status: Full Time
This position is a temporary assignment through an outside agency (Fortune Business Solutions) and will not be an employee of the PGA of America.
Responsible for managing the Volunteer Program for the 2018 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship as well as financial and administrative functions of the Senior PGA Championship Office to include but not limited to the following responsibilities:
VOLUNTEER OPERATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for the management and coordination of all Senior PGA Championship Volunteers to include recruiting, registering, educating, outfitting, scheduling, training and leading volunteers through Senior PGA Championship Week.
2. Utilize the Championship Management System (“CMS”) to maintain an accurate and up-to-date database for volunteer registrations, profiles, release forms, uniform orders, shift availability information, etc.
3. Utilize the Championship Management System (“CMS”) as a tool to communicate with volunteers.
4. Draft, create and send communications such as letters, schedule information, newsletters and other communications to the Committee Chairs and volunteers keeping them informed of upcoming events, deadlines as well as other pertinent Senior PGA Championship information,
5. Organize and coach the Executive Committee, Division Chairs, and Committee Chairs in order to prepare them to effectively lead their respective Divisions and Committees prior to and during Senior PGA Championship Week.
6. Assist the General Chair, Executive Committee, Division Chairs and Committee Chairs with various administrative tasks as needed.
7. Inform host site of volunteer opportunities, important dates, deadlines and other Senior PGA Championship and PGA of America related information.
8. Ensure on-site and PGA Headquarters staff is informed of all Volunteer Program related activities.
9. Plan and arrange several events to include but not limited to: Committee Manual Meetings, Committee Prep Meetings, Uniform and Credential Distribution, Committee meetings and receptions and as needed, Executive Committee Meetings.
1. Responsible for overseeing the Volunteer Services Budget to ensure all expenses are accounted
for and in line with the goals of the organization.
2. Update budget as needed with approval of Championship Director
3. Submit all necessary and required information related to Purchase Requisitions to appropriate
PGA Headquarters staff in a timely manner.
4. Submit all invoices to appropriate PGA staff members for review and approval and processes in
a timely manner, informing Championship Director of significant expenses.
5. Follow up on invoices and research any and all discrepancies or notify appropriate staff member
of any discrepancies. Work in conjunction with PGA Finance Department to research unpaid
invoices and follow up with vendors as needed.
1. Interview, hire, train, and supervise Senior PGA Championship Volunteer Operations Coordinator (non-exempt, temporary staff).
OFFICE ADMINISTRATION RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following administrative tasks will be the responsibility of the Volunteer Operations Manager until a Volunteer Operations Coordinator is on staff. Once the Volunteer Operations Coordinator is on staff, the Volunteer Operations Manager will be expected to assist with these tasks when and as needed.
1. Serve as the receptionist for the Senior PGA Championship Office.
2. Answer the main Senior PGA Championship Office telephone and direct calls to appropriate staff members.
3. Direct and/or assist vendors, volunteers, and other visitors to the Senior PGA Championship Office.
4. Assist in the coordination of several events to include but not limited to: meetings, media days, news conferences, outings, etc.
5. Assist the Championship Director with various administrative tasks, to include but not limited to:
• Typing, editing, copying and sending mailings
• Making telephone calls
• Researching details regarding specific projects
• Following up on necessary items and communicating information to proper individual/groups to keep the Senior PGA Championship planning process moving forward
6. Oversee the set up and maintenance of the Senior PGA Championship Office. This will include ordering office supplies, setting up office space to suit the needs of working staff, calling and meeting various maintenance vendors, etc.
7. Order and re-stock refreshment products (soda, juice, water, snacks) used by the Senior PGA Championship Office.
8. Ensure outgoing mail is posted and taken to the Post Office in a timely manner for mailing. Ensure incoming mail is picked up in a timely manner and delivered to the appropriate staff member.
9. Manage all operations relating to sending packages via UPS and/or FedEx.
10. Coordinate and execute all aspects of any informational mailings (copying, collating, packaging, applying postage, etc.).
11. Communicate important information related to the Senior PGA Championship Office to all appropriate individuals.
12. Perform all other duties as requested by the Championship Director.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
1. Skills in planning and organizing.
2. Skills in oral and written communications, including skills in interpersonal communications.
3. Skills in database management.
4. Skills in leadership.
5. Skills in organization.
6. Skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
7. Knowledge of golf.
8. Ability to use standard office machines, including but not limited to: telephone, copier, facsimile, scanner, and PC.
9. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
10. Ability to apply judgment and decision making skills.
11. Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
12. Ability to pay attention to detail.
13. Ability to apply basic mathematical functions.
14. Ability to handle several tasks at a time in a fast pace environment.
15. Ability to present oneself in a professional manner and appearance.
16. Ability to stand for extended periods of time (6+ hours per day).
17. Ability to work overtime, including weekends (sometimes up to 15 hours a day).
18. Ability to maintain composure and work under deadline pressure.
19. Ability to organize, prioritize and expedite flow of work.
20. Ability to be flexible.
21. Ability to work alongside a multiplicity of personalities.
22. Ability to build effective relationships and possess a strong sense of team commitment. In addition to working alongside the Championship Director and PGA of America Volunteer Operations Manager, this position will work with the (i) Executive Committee, (ii) Division Chairs, (iii) Committee Chairs, (iv) Volunteers, and (v) other staff members in the Senior PGA Championship Office and at PGA of America Headquarters.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time. The use of hands and fingers to handle objects, tools and controls is required. The employee may occasionally be required to reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
2. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
4. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. /B.S).
2. At least two years’ experience in a management role (as the direct report to one or more employees).
3. At least two years’ successful experience in event management.
4. Experience working with adult and junior volunteers preferred.
The Senior PGA Championship Volunteer Operations Manager should be a person who is willing to work hard for the benefit of the Championship. The hours will be long and unpredictable and it is important to always maintain composure as well as a positive attitude. In addition, this position requires strong management and leadership skills to effectively manage the Coordinator position. This requires a strong Team mentality and the willingness to help out wherever needed. A flexible, ‘can do’ ‘can learn’ attitude is essential to the success of the position and the Senior PGA Championship. This position has a dotted line relationship to the PGA of America Championship Volunteer Operations Manager.
The PGA of America is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. DFWP