Here is the job that interests you:
General Manager / Operations Manager
Sports and Fitness
Location: Mays Landing, NJ
|Job Status: Full Time
Tilton Fitness & Wellness in Mays Landing, NJ, was voted Best Health Club in the Country by the Medical Fitness Association. The 16,000 square foot facility offers state-of-the-art, fully equipped resistance and cardio areas as well as several fitness studios including Group Exercise, Small Group, Personal Training and Spinning. The locker room facilities each have their own steam rooms and members and guests have access to on-site massage therapy services.
The Tilton Fitness & Wellness club is currently seeking a full-time General Manager with experience in the fitness / health industry. This position is responsible for overall general management as well as oversight of membership sales and personal training.
Reports To: Owner and/or Executive Management
GENERAL MANAGER POSITION PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
To optimize club profitability through:
1) New Member Enrollment
2) Members Service and Retention
3) Supplementary services
5) Operational expense management
• Create Service Excellence systems through innovative approaches.
• Create Raving Fans by delivering exceptional member service, by helping members get what they want and need.
• To enhance and execute company vision, mission and standards through staff leadership and management of related operational systems.
• To ensure that the club is operated in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations regarding health and safety standards, taxation, licensing, labor laws, consumer relations, as well as all insurance requirements.
• To enhance public reputation through community affair involvement and participation and innovation in club marketing and programming.
General Manager Professionalism/Attitude:
• Attend to all details and responsibilities of the position in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
• Uphold club protocol and procedures in a tactful and positive manner with all members and employees.
• Maintain a regular exercise program and a desirable level of fitness.
• Cope well with stress and maintain productivity while under pressure.
• Maintain a high level of self-motivation.
• Maintain a high degree of professionalism, consistently, and reliably in regard to attitude, appearance and performance.
• Maintain excellent attendance record.
• Demonstrate strong leadership/managerial habits & behaviors.
General Manager Communication:
• Communicate (problems)/concerns to Owners and contributes to their solution.
• Requires the ability to communicate with a wide variety of people and the ability to teach and motivate them.
• Maximize the quality of the members' experience by enthusiastically communicating and promoting club information directly and through staff.
• Informs Owners of any equipment needing major repair/replacement or any hazardous conditions in club; and contributes to its repair or correction.
• Addresses staff and members' concerns in a tactful and prompt manner.
• Communicates pertinent information to all managers, staff and members in a timely and professional manner.
• Ability to speak in a professional manner to small or large groups in and out of the club.
• Promotes club programs externally through public relations & reputation management programs.
General Manager Initiative:
• Innovate ways to increase new member enrollment, member usage, optimize retention and club profitability.
• Innovate ways to increase guest traffic and contribute to new memberships through internal and external marketing.
• Perform duties with the highest degree of initiative by acting without supervision and routinely reporting decisions in meetings with the Executive Management.
• Create interest with new & existing members in helping them optimize their membership & overall club experience.
• Continually contributes new information to each department that can enhance performance & effectiveness.
General Manager Membership Sales:
• Achieves personal Membership Quota each month (if applicable to club).
• Is responsible to "Close the Gap" of the Club's Monthly Membership Goal if the Membership Consultant Team is not meeting the Club's Goal.
General Manager Department Management:
• Oversees the recruiting, hiring, training, evaluation and motivation of all department managers and staff towards the accomplishment of departmental goals and fulfillment of responsibilities.
• Ensures that respective job descriptions of all staff are continually updated and evaluated to ensure optimization of club mission and profitability achievement.
• Serves as Membership Rep with corresponding responsibilities as outlined in the job description.
• Oversee and ensure that day-to-day execution of marketing and sales tracking systems are employed to generate guest traffic and reputation management.
• Ensures that all membership and other services revenue budgets are realized and that selected expense budgets are managed within stated parameters.
General Manager Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a fitness related field; ACE or ACSM certification recommended.
Experience: Small business management experience including personnel, budgeting and marketing experience; 5 years experience in commercial fitness (desired). Computer experience and proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
GENERAL MANAGER ATTRIBUTES:
Requires an outgoing personality with the ability to effectively communicate with others. Requires a sincere interest and enthusiasm in one's own fitness and helping others achieve their fitness goals. Requires the ability and desire to learn more about fitness, interpersonal communication, and marketing strategies.
Qualified candidates, please apply online by going to:
https://tiltonfitness.applicantpro.com/jobs/527431.html or applying through
Career Opportunities at the bottom of the Company website at:
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).