Here is the job that interests you:
Location: Detroit, MI
|Job Status: Full Time
Job Description: Detroit City FC seeks an Operations Coordinator who will be responsible for organizing the club’s match day activities as well as overseeing merchandise activities. The successful candidate will focus on streamlining match day set up and developing business strategies to expand merchandise sales and optimize profitability.
Organization Description: Detroit City FC is a lower division soccer team that plays in the National Premier Soccer League’s Midwest Great Lakes Conference. Founded in 2012, Detroit City FC has established itself as one of the most talked about soccer teams in North America and the grassroots embodiment of a resurgent city. Detroit City FC’s mission is to provide a platform for high-quality soccer players to hone their craft and also to provide the residents of Southeast Michigan with a one-of-a-kind
spectator experience. In addition, Detroit City FC operates a much heralded neighborhood adult recreational soccer league, the Detroit City Futbol League, which brings together thousands of people each summer to play soccer at various sites throughout the city.
• Support and further the organization’s mission.
• Coordinate all match day activities related to field set up and break down for home matches and events.
• Develop business strategies to increase merchandise sales and optimize profitability.
• Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent service.
• Assist the club’s sales team in the selling of tickets during the off season.
Reports to: General Manager
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
• Oversee match day set up and break down of field equipment and sponsor banners as well as pop-up stations for merchandise, ticketing and concessions.
• Coordinate all staff schedules for home matches to ensure adequate coverage of operational activities.
• Serve as liaison between the club and vendors who provide coverage for security and cleaning services.
• Coordinate concessions and beverage vendors and staffing.
• Follow established protocols for tracking sales and maintaining controls of cash accounting.
• Establish a system that maintains organization of all stadium equipment in between matches.
• Work in collaboration with club owners to develop annual sales plan that includes regular rollout of new items and clear sales goals.
• Organize all merchandise at the DCFC retail shop to keep it sorted, labeled and easily accessible and presented in a visually pleasing manner.
• Coordinate all sales activities and staffing for the DCFC retail shop including development of promotions and events to drive more traffic to the store during the off season.
• Monitor inventory levels, provide regular updates of item quantities, identify need for replenishing stock, and place reorders on a regular basis.
• Coordinate all deliveries of new merchandise items.
• Prepare and organize merchandise items for each home match and outreach events. This should include the implementation of an organizational system by which items can be found easily and stay organized during busy sales events.
• Assist the sales team during down times in the execution of the club’s plan to increase organization’s average home match attendance through single, season, and group ticket sales.
• Travel with the team to away matches.
• Participate in outreach activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
3. Available to work nights and weekends in a fast paced environment.
4. Must have reliable transportation.
1. Previous operations experience in the sports and entertainment industry.
2. Previous product management or retail operations experience.
3. Expertise in sales analytics and using data to drive decision making.
4. Demonstrated leadership ability in problem solving and oversight.
Compensation: This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Essential Functions: This position requires the ability to lift 50 pounds, be mobile for extended periods of time, work over ten hours in a given day, and travel to away games,
Equal Opportunity Employer: Detroit City FC is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status, height, or weight.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.