Here is the job that interests you:
Youth Camp Site Technical Director
Location: Seattle, WA
|Job Status: Part Time
Sounders FC Youth Camp Site Technical Director coaches will provide technical instruction and guidance to the camp coaches at the individual camp site they are supervising.
The Technical Director will ensure the staff coaches are following the camp curriculum and methodology as it pertains to each specific age group. The Technical Director will provide on field coaching education to the camp staff coaches and assist with exercise implementation.
The Technical Director will be responsible for announcing and explaining the technical and tactical topic each day at camp to the camp participants. The Technical Director will also provide operational support at the camp regarding check-in and out procedures, daily giveaways, camp setup, item distribution, customer service to parents, and provide an additional line of safety for the camp.
The Technical Director will be asked at times to provide coaching for various age groups and programs throughout the summer time. Technical Directors will provide feedback to the camp directors regarding coaching performances, camp operations, and player talent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Implementation of Sounders FC Curriculum and Methodology
• Supervises camp site coaches and implements Sounders FC curriculum, methodology and system organization
• Coaching players in the u6 to u18 age range in accordance with Sounders curriculum and methodology
• Display a complete support of curriculum, methodology, and system organization at all times
• Ability to effectively carry out the curriculum and explain it to coaches
• Assist camp site manager with daily operations of camp
• Help sign children in and out of soccer camp
• Organize equipment each day
• Hand out prizes and awards
• Address the group on daily topic and activities
• Be cordial and respectful when dealing with parents, fellow coaches and camp participants
• Be a knowledgeable and positive ambassador for the Sounders
• First line of customer service for questions about camp operations, specifically technical aspects
• Escalate any issues to camp directors
• Survey camp sites daily for potential hazards. Escalate issues to Camp Directors.
• Implement all camp safety procedures and protocols and ensure that all camp site coaches follow safety procedures and protocols.
• Keep the children under control and behaving in a manner to avoid injury
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Premier level soccer playing experience required
• Professional playing experience preferred but not required
• Premier level coaching experience for a minimum of 3 years
• Youth Soccer Director role experience preferred but not required
• Experience in childcare preferred but not required
• USSF “C” license required. USSF “B” license or equivalent preferred, but not required
• WA driver license required (by first day of employment)
• Must have strong leadership skills and ability to communicate effectively and clearly with coaching staff
• Must be extremely punctual and organized
• Must have in-depth knowledge of the game of soccer
• Must be able to effectively carry out the Sounders FC curriculum and explain it to coaches
• Demonstrated ability to teach techniques, tactics, physical and psychological components of soccer
• Demonstrated ability to inspire, motivate and educate youth players and youth coaching staff.
• Must be able to effectively carry out training sessions
• Must be able to move and transport various types of soccer equipment and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Must pass a criminal background check
• 95% of the work will be done in an outdoor environment. Must be able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
• Must be able to work a minimum of 31 hours a week
• Must be available to work a minimum of 6 weeks between June 15 and September 1
• Must be able to provide your own transportation to local camp locations