Here is the job that interests you:
Youth Soccer Camp Coach
Location: Seattle, WA
|Job Status: Part Time
Sounders FC Youth Camp coaches will provide coaching instruction to kids ages 3 – 18 who have registered to participate in Sounders FC Summer Camps.
Coaches will be required to follow and teach the specific curriculum as it pertains to each individual topic of the day. Coaches will be responsible for being educated on the Sounders FC Summer Camp coaching curriculum and have an ability to teach the curriculum to children in every age group. Coaching education will be provided at mandatory and paid orientation days.
Youth Camp coaches are also responsible for the safety of the children at soccer camp. Each camp coach will be provided with a Sounders FC Coaching Handbook and is required to be up to date and familiar with all rules, regulations, and policies regarding child safety.
Coaches are to assist the site director of each camp location in the day to day operations of each camp site, that includes and is not limited to, setting up camp drills, sorting equipment, checking kids into camp, distributing awards, and handing out supplies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Teaching the Curriculum
• Study and learn Sounders FC 2015 Summer Camp Curriculum
• Effectively carry out the lesson plans and teach the kids accordingly based on their age level
• Manage the kids at camp to keep them safe
• Keep an eye out for any dangerous opportunities at camp site
• Keep the children under control and behaving in a manner to avoid injury
• Assist site director in setting up camp and closing camp each day
• Help sign children in and out of soccer camp
• Organize equipment each day
• Hand out prizes and awards
• Keep kids under control while site director is addressing the group
• Be cordial and respectful when dealing with parents at camp
• Direct any and all complaints to the site director in a calm and respectful manner
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Premier level soccer playing experience required
• College playing experience preferred but not required
• Experience in childcare preferred but not required
• Minimum “E” Coaching License or equivalent preferred but not required
• Must have strong leadership skills and ability to communicate effectively and clearly with children
• Must be very punctual
• Must have in-depth knowledge of the soccer so they can effectively teach it to beginners
• Must be able to effectively demonstrate soccer specific technical abilities
• Will be required to set up promotional material at youth camp locations
• Must be able to move and transport soccer various types of soccer equipment
• Must have or be willing to obtain CPR and First Aid Certificates
• 95% of the work will be done in an outdoor environment
• Must be able to work a minimum of 18 hours a week
• Must be available to work a minimum of 6 weeks between June 16 and September 1
• Must be able to provide your own transportation to local camp locations
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Currently residing in the US. Non-US citizens (students, etc.) must have the ability & documentation to live and work in the US for all of 2016. Our organization will not be able to provide any help or aid for Visa or work permit issues.