Here is the job that interests you:
|Job Status: Part Time
We are seeking an energetic and outgoing, type-A Camp Director to MC, host and lead a selection of our camp weekends. The energy and vibe of the weekend starts with you, so think of this opportunity as a ‘head camp counselor’ role but for adults! You will manage everything that goes into bringing a CNC weekend to life from being the face of the business and leader of the staff to overseeing setup and execution of all activities. Most importantly you will be the leader in creating a safe environment for our campers to have the time of their lives!
Your sole focus and goal at each camp is to ensure that all campers have an unforgettable experience. We will rely on you to make sure of that. We want all campers to leave each weekend more confident, with tons of new friends and feeling like they are part of the larger Camp No Counselors community. Equally as important as making sure the camp is well run and organized, we are looking for someone who is fun to work with and has a glass-half-full mentality.
The full-time Camp No Counselors staff will market, promote, organize and produce each camp weekend and arm you and your ‘On-Site’ team with the tools to execute a fun, safe, and successful camp. Your responsibilities will begin at the beginning of each camp weekend and end at the end of your camp. There will be minimal commitment outside of your camp weekends.
• You must work a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 camps in 2017 (ideally 4 in the spring and 4 in the fall).
• Since the majority of our camps run Thursday to Sunday, you must be available certain Thursdays and Fridays during our camp seasons (May – June and August – October). We staff our camps at least 30 day in advance.
• You will be the master of ceremonies making all key speeches from welcome speech to color war break, awards ceremony and talent show
• Manage and set up check in, activity sign up, merchandise sales, talent show, color war, signage, and flow of schedule
• Balance being the spark of positive energy at camp while running, overseeing and organizing all activities, parties and events all the while being a gracious host to the campers
• Complete the detailed weekend report
• Be the main point of contact and the link between the CNC and host camp staff
• Recognize when a camper is uncomfortable or out of place and remedy the situation
• Wake up first in the mornings and go to be last at night
• Have a huge smile at all times and be everyone’s friend
• Think quickly on your feet and have back up plans and alternatives since no two weekends are alike
• Remain calm, composed, upbeat and happy during stressful times
• Responsible for the health and safety of all campers
• Help ensure buses leave on time to and from camp
The Ideal Candidate:
• Loves camp! Either you’ve wanted to go back ever since you were told you’re “too old for camp,” or you never got to go but know you’d love it and are dying to see what you were missing out on as a kid
• Is a born leader and self-starter
• Has previous camp counselor experience
• Has experience in event management
• Is extremely organized (and probably has a clean bedroom)
• Has a bachelors degree with a minimum of 8 years of camp, business or event management experience
• Positive outlook, personable, energetic, happy, hard working, effective in high-pressure situations, has a significant attention to detail, and takes direction well
• Must enjoy working in a small team environment
• Can carry on a conversation with anyone and everyone