Here is the job that interests you:
Sports & Aquatics Director - Tyler
Sports and Fitness
Location: Tyler, TX
|Job Status: Full Time
Develops, organizes and implements high quality sports leagues, aquatics programs and special events.
1. Bachelor's degree in Recreation, Sports Management, Physical Education, related field or equivalent.
2. One to two years related experience preferred.
3. Within 30 days of hire: completion of: Child Abuse Prevention, CPR; First Aid; AED; Blood borne Pathogens.
4. Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications including holding a valid lifeguarding certification and completing LGI certification within 6 months of hire.
5. Completion of CPR/AED & First Aid Instructor course within 6 months of hire. Conducts classes quarterly for YMCA staff.
1. Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives. Expands youth sports and aquatics programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
2. Secures and schedules athletic fields and facilities. Transports and sets up equipment for games and practices; monitors and purchases necessary sporting equipment as budget permits.
3. Creates teams from paid and financially assisted registrations. Organizes and conducts parent orientation meetings, training and meetings for coaches.
4. Develops and distributes team practice and game schedules; trains and schedules sports officials; develops and distributes sports rules, guidelines and handbooks.
5. Purchases and distributes team uniforms and awards; coordinates and distributes team photographs.
6. Organizes and conducts sports clinics.
7. Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local, YMCA health and safety regulations.
8. Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Secures and schedules pool facilities. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
9. Keeps the pool open and staffed with a certified Lifeguard during 100% of its scheduled hours of operation.
10.Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings.
11.Creates and schedules swim classes, water fitness classes, swim team practices and meets.
12.Assists in the marketing and distribution of youth sports and aquatics program information, may organize and schedule program registrations.
13.Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
14.Assists in YMCA fund raising activities to include securing youth sport team sponsorships for each team and special events.
15.Responds to all member and community telephone, text, email inquiries and complaints within 24 hours.
16.Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation
17.Directs special events like YMCA Healthy Kids Day, and others as needed.
18.Other duties as needed.
19.Resides in Smith County within 30 days of hire.