Here is the job that interests you:
Senior Director, Marketing, Ad Sales - Sports
Location: New York, NY
|Job Status: Full Time
Reporting to the VP, Marketing, Ad Sales, the Sr. Director, Marketing, Ad Sales is a key member of the Ad Sales Marketing team, supporting all aspects of the sales and marketing process across the sports channels. The Sr. Director, Marketing, Ad Sales is responsible for creating, developing and executing large scale proposals for Blue Chip clients with a heavy concentration on sports. The majority of presentations and offerings will focus on-air opportunities. The Sr. Director, Marketing, Ad Sales will act as a liaison with sports programming and will help to identify key sales opportunities. This position will work closely with the VP, Ad Sales, Sports and dedicated Account Managers within the sports division.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ideation on large scale proposals resulting in significant ad spends.
• Write creative and effective sales/marketing proposals.
• Serve as key liaison with sports programming team.
• Proactively build opportunities for sales on new channels and new shows. Consistently identify new opportunities.
• Work with sales team on presentations and client needs for high level meetings.
• Work closely with sales team to attend sales calls to present ideas.
• Work closely with VP, Marketing, Ad Sales on strategy for providing sales team with new and updated information and management of work flow.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience working in a sales or media/entertainment environment.
• Experience working with an ad sales team within a media company.
• Must follow and be passionate about sports and knowledgeable about the sports category.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
Requirements and General Skills:
• Heavy writing - and must have ability to write on-air copy for brands and sponsorships.
• Must be able to handle a high-volume of proposal requests and manage multiple projects while sticking to a strict deadline for deliverables.
• Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels, including Senior Management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with high-level clients and luxury, premium advertising.
• Must be able to work well with a sales team and understand their goals and what is needed to achieve the goals.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
• Commitment to internal and external clients and customer service principles.
• Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
• Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite ( including strong Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Proficiency in PowerPoint a must.