Here is the job that interests you:
Sports Turf Assistant
Location: Berea, KY
|Job Status: Full Time
About Berea College
Berea College achieved national distinction as the first coeducational and interracial college in the South. With an emphasis on service to the people of Appalachia and beyond, Berea enrolls 1,600 students from 40 states and 60 countries. The College has a longstanding commitment to interracial education; here, people of different races seek to learn from and about each other, while also living together. Berea is among the most racially diverse private liberal arts colleges in the United States. The college admits only students whose families are unable to afford the high cost of tuition and awards each of them a four-year tuition scholarship. Berea’s students excel in the College’s supportive but demanding academic environment, and many are the first in their families to graduate from college.
Berea College is always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
Berea College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
The Sports Turf Assistant works to maintain quality athletic fields, with a commitment to safety, under the Facilities Management department. The incumbent will supervise several student labor positions to complete daily responsibilities. This position will coordinate and communicate with coaching staff for scheduling of maintenance, before and after athletic events. A successful incumbent will hold a large scope understanding and performance of various cultural practices needed to maintain athletic fields and surrounding areas, including but not limited to: irrigation, fertilization, aeration, etc.
• Assist in the planning and execution of the maintenance practices for the Athletic Complex and athletic fields at a high level.
• Communicate effectively and openly, with peers, staff, students and individual coaching staffs.
• Maintain working knowledge of integrated pest management practices. Monitor fields and coordinate with Grounds Coordinator in any event of noticeable symptoms.
• Perform snow and ice removal, as needed.
• Maintain good inventory practices of all related equipment.
• Perform routine vehicle and equipment maintenance.
• May perform other grounds related tasks and duties with Campus Grounds, as needed.
• Minimum of two years’ related experience, required
• Experience working on highly maintained athletic fields or golf courses is strongly preferred.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Ability to obtain a Kentucky Category 20 & 3 pesticide license within 90 days of employment
• High School Diploma, or equivalent, required
• Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Turfgrass Science/Management, Agronomy, Horticulture, or related field, is preferred.
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• On-Site Child Care (CDL)
• Employee Life Insurance
• Retiree Health Insurance
To apply, please go to
For questions, please contact Sheri Gordon, Human Resources Business Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 859-985-3054.