Here is the job that interests you:
Director, Men's Basketball Operations
Location: Oxford, OH
|Job Status: Full Time
This position is responsible for planning of special events; on-campus recruitment; team travel, housing and meal arrangements for the menís basketball team; in a manner which is consistent with the policies of Miami University, NCAA and Mid-American Conference. Assist the menís head basketball coach with the promotion of the menís basketball program through alumni and community relations.
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
1. Recruiting 1. Responsible for on-campus aspects of recruiting
2. Conduct research on potential prospects
3. Create mailings for prospects
2. Events and Activity Planning 1. Special Events Ė Organize and run annual alumni game/weekend, kids basketball clinics, high school coaches clinic
2. Schedule basketball activities (practice times, individual workout times & facility reservations
3. Promotion of Program--Assist marketing staff with outreach to campus, community and region.
3. Alumni Relations 1. Communicate and connect with Alumni
2. Organize all alumni events
3. RedHawk Review Ė Alumni Newsletter
4. Community Relations 1. Assist with all community service events
2. Coordinate fan support and production of groupís special events
3. Direct summer basketball camp
5. Program operations 1. Responsible for organizing coaches and players ticket requests
2. Coordinate team related study table hours
3. Plan pre and post-game team meals
4. Make arrangements for team during school breaks (i.e. holiday meals and housing, per diems)
5. Coordinate and oversee Team Travel (planning hotel, transportation, meals & practice arrangements)
6. Organize and direct program camps/clinics; to include summer basketball camps.
6. Budgetary Management 1. Responsible for submitting the annual budget to the Athletic Business Office
2. Review expenses on a normal basis via the athletic financial system
7. Staff liaison to administration
8. Other Duties Assigned by Head Coach
1. Bachelorís Degree
2. Current knowledge of the rules and policies of the NCAA
1. Masterís Degree
2. Prior experience in running summer basketball camps
3. Division 1 college basketball experience
4. College basketball playing experience.
Cover Letter, List of Three References, Resume
Application Types Accepted:
Criminal Background Check Required:
Post Offer, Pre-Employment Physical Examination: