Here is the job that interests you:
Branch Executive Director - Lansing
Sports and Fitness
Location: Lansing, MI
|Job Status: Full Time
Excellent opportunity for a proven cause driven professional to take their next career step. The Executive Director will oversee the total operation for this $2.2M operating branch, which is part of a 6 branch Metropolitan Association with a $9M operating budget. Must be a team player with the skills to motivate and lead the staff and volunteer team that will deliver exceptional customer service to grow membership and program participation. Candidate must be member focused, possess effective communication skills, think strategically, have superior problem solving skills and be well versed in change management.
Candidates must demonstrate a successful experience in all areas of operations including membership and health and wellness program growth, staff coaching and development, volunteer recruitment and development, fiscal management, annual campaign, event sponsorship, and community development through partnerships and collaborations. Program priority areas at Oak Park include: group fitness, personal training, day care, swim lessons, and summer day camp. Must have a successful track record in building and developing strong staff teams that will drive the desired operating outcomes.
• Bachelor’s degree in human services, recreation, business or a related field, or equivalent.
• Five or more years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
• Prefer knowledge of and previous experience with diverse populations
• Strong interpersonal skills
• YMCA Organizational Leader certification preferred.
• Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
• Must complete all required YMCA trainings in the expected timeframe
1. Establishes with the branch leadership team long range plans for the expansion of programs and services, in harmony with overall YMCA objectives.
2. Provides staff leadership for the development, delivery and growth of the annual support campaign. Must be able to recruit, train, and inspire volunteers to share the impact stories of our cause driven community work.
3. Develops membership strategies that includes unit and revenue growth as well as member retention/engagement/loyalty.
4. Accountable for growth and development of Branch Board of Management, committees, as well as community leaders, stakeholders, and advocates.
5. Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery area.
6. Recruits, hires, trains, develops and directs employees and volunteers. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
7. Develops, manages, and monitors assigned operating budgets to meet or exceed targets. Recommends adjustments to the budget to assure a balanced operation and submits reports on current operations.
8. Develops and directs high quality member engagement strategies and programs which support branch and Association mission, goals, and strategies. Direct branch marketing and communication efforts.
9. Serves as the branch leader for all Association wide Risk Management, HR, and Marketing initiatives and insures that all staff and volunteers are trained to insure that best practices are implemented.
10. Ensure the maintenance of facilities and properties of the branch to assure high standards of maintenance, safety, cleanliness and to assure that the requirements of regulatory codes are fully met.
11. Serves as a member of YMCA of Metropolitan management team and supports the overall objectives of the organization.
12. Engage with all members, participants, and parents to build strong relationship towards the advancement of the Y.
13. Performs all other duties and functions as required.
Please provide cover letter, resume, and five professional references.