Here is the job that interests you:
Executive Director - Austin
Sports and Fitness
Location: Austin, TX
|Job Status: Full Time
The YMCA Executive Director oversees the total operation of the facility with the principal role of acting as a partner to the many agencies and non-profits serving the North Austin community. The Executive director is responsible for all aspects of managing the uniqueness of the joint partnership between the COA and YMCA including community engagement, membership, programming, financial development, board engagement and staff development.
To perform this job successfully, the Executive Director must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education- Bachelor’s degree in human services, social services, business or equivalent.
• Experience- Seven or more years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency. Five or more years of experience directing total operations through community engagement, volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of branch budget, marketing and public relations, and program development.
• Certifications- YMCA Multi-Team or Branch Leader certification preferred.
• Languages – fluent in Spanish preferred.
• Additional Skills:
o Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
o Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
o Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations
• Seek opportunities for partnership and collaboration in support of advancing the Y mission to reach the surrounding community. Represent and promote the YMCA in the community and develop positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities.
• Seek, foster and recruit volunteers for branch Board positions. Coordinate the development of the branch Board and committees and direct the volunteer activities (policy and program) of the branch.
• Oversee the hiring, development, and supervision of staff.
• Develop, manage, and monitor the branch operating budget and meet or exceed budget targets.
• Directs branch strategic planning efforts and develop the annual operating plan of the branch.
• Develop and direct high quality relationship-based member engagement strategies ensuring membership growth and retention.
• Model relationship-building skills in all interactions with staff, volunteers, members, and the community.
• Foster a climate of innovation to develop member and community-focused programs which support the Y mission, goals, and strategies.
• Ensure the safety and maintenance of high quality facilities, grounds, and equipment.
• Direct branch marketing/communications to effectively communicate benefit to the community.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Mission Advancement- Reinforce the Y’s values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicate the benefits and impact of the YMCA’s efforts for all stakeholders. Implement effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secure resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
• Collaboration: Develop strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Build and nurture strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicate for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provide tools and resources for the development of others.
• Operational Effectiveness: Integrate multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involve members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensure execution of plans. Institute sound accounting procedures, investment policies and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensure continuous improvement.
• Personal Growth: Foster a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Create a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipate challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning.
• Relationships- Build authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
• Communication – Listen and express ideas effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
• Change Capacity- Lead self and others through change by navigating ambiguity appropriately and adapting well to new situations, obstacles, and opportunities.