Here is the job that interests you:
CEO - Vincennes
Sports and Fitness
Location: Vincennes, IN
|Job Status: Full Time
This is an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated and cause-driven professional to work closely with the Board of Directors and key community stakeholders. The YMCA seeks to be at the center of the community’s life as the leading provider of recreational programs with an emphasis on character development, childcare, and healthy living.
Candidates must have a solid business acumen, sound judgment, and exceptional leadership skills. In addition, they must have a proven track record that demonstrates an ability to successfully implement and promote the YMCA’s services and activities to the community, assess community needs and develop programs in partnership with others to meet those needs, raise funds through annual and capital campaigns, develop and manage a staff, and work with a YMCA board that focuses on strategic issues rather than operational issues. Solid program development and innovation are critical areas for the new CEO and to the YMCA’s success. Key competencies needed for this leadership role include communication, values, decision making and functional expertise.
Salary Range: $80,000 – $90,000
Benefits: 8% retirement (YMCA/Employee Shared), health and vision insurance, group life insurance, LTD, vacation, sick days, and holidays.
YMCA of Vincennes Association Facts
• History: The Y has a rich history beginning in 1876. Over the years there have been many capital campaigns and expansions. In 1969 the Y moved to a new 19-acre campus on the edge of town. Expansions in child care, wellness, gymnastics, and senior center have been added in these successful capital campaigns.
• YMCA Membership Features Include: A YMCA facility featuring swimming pool, two full basketball courts, child care center (leased to another agency), senior center, gymnastics center, teen center, locker rooms and a wide range of exercise equipment.
• Programs: Swimming lessons, wellness classes, water fitness, gymnastics, youth sports, taekwondo, volleyball, special events, senior transportation, and before and after school child care.
• Staff: The Y has 14 exempt staff. In addition, there are approximately 86 part-time staff.
• Financial: Total operating budget is $2.5M with 16% revenue from membership, 39% programs and child care, 7% charitable support, and 35% government grants.
• Community: The Vincennes community can best be summed up as “Small Town Living with Big City Flair”. Vincennes offers many of the amenities found in larger cities but is coupled with the same type of citizen interaction and environment that is found in small towns across the Midwest. The city is rich in history and is the first city founded in Indiana. The city has a strong health care system anchored by Good Samaritan Hospital. Vincennes is also home to one of the oldest Universities in the country, Vincennes University with over 5000 students.
• Other sites for information:
• Questions regarding this position should be directed to:
Franciene Gill, Senior Director, CEO Search, YMCA of the USA, email@example.com
• Questions regarding this YMCA should be directed to:
Wade Hampton, Resource Director, YMCA of the USA, firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Criteria for Candidates:
• Accredited 4-year college degree.
• Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and personal values consistent with the YMCA mission.
• Minimum three years’ prior experience in a senior management role with a YMCA or related experience at a comparable organization with direct supervision of multiple levels of staff and employees.
• Must be able to develop and strengthen community relationships.
Preferred Criteria for Candidates:
• YMCA Organizational Leader Certification. (If this is not currently possessed, the CEO is required to obtain this within 3 years of hire date.)
• Fiscally sound business management approach.
• Strategic planning and Fundraising experience including annual campaigns and the securing of grants.
• A proven track record of budgetary and fiscal management in excess of $1,000,000 or more annually.
Key Deliverables: (Top Deliverables):
• Advocate the YMCA Vision Within the Community: Actively interact and communicate with the communities in the region as a representative of the YMCA. Represent the YMCA’s mission to community leaders, donors, and staff and volunteers. Create a culture of excellence within the YMCA and act as an ambassador for the mission and vision for the YMCA within the community. Be seen and respected as a leader within the community, proactively creating collaborations while always upholding the highest standards of the values of the YMCA and the YMCA’s heritage.
• Lead and Develop a Staff Team: The YMCA has strong staff team. Visionary leadership and a “can do” attitude are critical to building a cohesive team. The new CEO will create a plan to build unity, encourage teamwork, set operational goals tied to a strategic plan, hold staff accountable, and foster individual staff development.
• Improve Operating Performance: Create and develop new and long-term revenue streams; establish programs that impact community needs and increase the long-term financial stability of the organization. Evaluate membership to assess long-term structure sustainability and make recommendations to grow and retain. Develop programs to increase revenue and meet the needs of the community.
• Provide Strong Fiscal Leadership and Create Strategic Fundraising Platform: The candidate must have a solid track record of fiscal responsibility leadership. Important fiscal goals include the creation of a comprehensive fund development strategy to ensure a balanced budget, revenue growth to support the current day-to-day operations as well as the development of reserves for the future needs of the YMCA. The new CEO will achieve this through his/her skilled efforts in the generation of annual support. Also, the candidate must be able identify foundation grants, collaborations and creative revenue streams necessary to support and sustain the needs of the YMCA.