Here is the job that interests you:
Health & Wellness Director - Bozeman
Sports and Fitness
Location: Bozeman, MT
|Job Status: Full Time
The Health and Wellness Director is responsible for the daily operations of all wellness programs including traditional YMCA Signature Programs, management of the Wellness Center Floor, Personal Training Program, Small Group Fitness Programs, and Group Exercise Classes. Responsibilities also include program development, budget development and management, new member on boarding, supervision and development of staff and volunteers, member support, engagement and retention, and building community partnerships/engagement. Health and wellness programs will include: Adult Fitness, Youth/Teen Fitness, Group Exercise, Corporate Wellness, Special Events, Specialty Classes and Programs. The Director will also ensure the continued development of a Disease Prevention Programs and will provide guidance on the continued development of the Gallatin Valley YMCA Wellness Program.
• BS Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Athletic Training, Exercise Physiology or related study.
• Current nationally recognized Personal Trainer certification, OR NASM/CSCS, OR nationally recognized Group Exercise Certification.
• 2-3 years of related management experience in a wellness facility as an exercise specialist, manager or trainer.
• Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA
• Superior supervisory skills and an enthusiastic personality with the ability to inspire and motivate staff, volunteers, members and participants to create a culture of service within our Centers
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
• Able to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.
• Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
• Multi-year experience in direct wellness service and the willingness to continue some hours of direct service as part of the role.
• Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task, hit deadlines and work efficiently both individually and as a team and with those of varying personality types and management styles.
• Open and flexible to new trends in fitness, cross training, weight lifting, sports performance and demonstrate a willingness to learn new skills.
• CPR and First Aid and AED Certification (within 30 days of hire)
• Oversees the Wellness Center, Fitness Classes and Wellness Programs.
• Prepares and monitors annual budget in the Health and Wellness Department making adjustments as needed for success.
• Initiates feedback with members on wellness floor to encourage, motivate and assist in their workouts.
• Oversees the creation and implementation of personalized exercise and health and wellness safety programs appropriate to individual fitness levels and needs.
• Hires, trains and supervises Health and Wellness staff, ensuring quality programming is delivered to participants consistent with the YMCA mission.
• Cultivates the professional development of staff for growth and success. Conducts staff meetings and trainings that foster growth in staff and instructors.
• Regularly evaluates staff, identifying areas for improvement and recognizing successes.
• Implements and supervises safety and emergency procedures as they relate to both personnel and members. Ensures compliance of required fitness staff certifications.
• Monitors member usage and requests for fitness equipment and makes recommendations for new equipment purchases.
• Promotes and markets YMCA health and wellness programs in the community. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
• Creates group exercise class schedule current with trends and community/member needs.
• Hires fitness/wellness instructors to lead classes and measures effectiveness of current classes by soliciting responses from members and staff.
• Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events with other YMCA staff.
• Responsible for program enrollment, retention, evaluation, and reporting of the Health and Wellness Department.
• Promotes safety, proper use and clean-up of equipment throughout the Health and Wellness area.
• Purchases all equipment necessary, as budgeted, for the success of the YMCA Health and Wellness Center.
• Ensures proper maintenance and of fitness equipment and creates maintenance plan and long-term strategy for capital improvements.
• Develops and executes new member fitness orientation/assessment program.
• Promotes membership and fitness opportunities available in the YMCA. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
• Serves as Director on Duty/Manager on Duty as assigned.
• Participates in required department, staff and YMCA committee meetings.
• Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
• Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
• Compiles and reports on program and revenue statistics.
• Willingness to cover group or individual exercise/skills classes when needed.
• Works with other YMCA staff and volunteers in the planning, promotion and implementation of special events; and maintains positive working relationships with peers on special projects.
• Meets the standard for attendance, punctuality and dependability; keeping in confidence matters related to office or personnel; and, exercises good judgment around areas of responsibility.