Here is the job that interests you:
Asst Athletic Director, Marketing & Fan Engagement
Location: Moscow, ID
|Job Status: Full Time
The Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing and Fan Engagement has four primary responsibilities within the University of Idaho Athletics Department. First, they represent the Athletics Department in all Marketing issues and direct all efforts relating to the exposure and promotion of all aspects of the University of Idaho Athletics programs to all our constituency groups including local groups, state groups, student groups and national groups. This position will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing plans and strategies for all varsity sport programs as well as other department entities and units. They are to work closely with the department’s advertising agency, Alumni Office, as well as University Communications and Marketing to generate strategies that result in the greatest amount of exposure and revenue generation and positive fan experience for Vandal Athletics. This position also coordinates several other efforts within the department, including managing promotional items and materials to outside groups, developing season/game marketing plans, creating game scripts to match those game marketing plans, and organizing other special events. This individual will be responsible for constructing an enjoyable and memorable game day experience at athletic events by working collaboratively with the marching/pep band, student groups spirit squad, alumni association, President’s Office, game operations crew, etc. They will supervise additional marketing staff (assistants, interns) assigned specific advertising, in-game promotions and marketing material distribution as well as efforts to get Vandal Athletics information into the community and across campus. This person will also serve as a liaison to Idaho Vandals Sports Properties (Learfield Inc.) to ensure sponsorship packages are adequately fulfilled.
Second, this position will be expected to manage and expand the Vandal Athletics brand on regional, local and national scale. They will be charged with developing an integrated brand marketing and communications plan that provides a strategic basis for the entire department, guiding both internal and external correspondence as well as public perception. This individual will work closely with the Director of Trademarks and Licensing as well as the Equipment Manager to ensure the department, university community and the general public properly uses the marks and insignias associated with the Vandal Athletics brand. They along with the Equipment Manager will foster a positive and mutually beneficial partnership with the department’s official apparel provider.
Third, this position will need to coordinate and assist the ticket office for all ticketing operations including but not limited to: outbound sales, customer service, group packages, secondary development inquires, fulfillment, event staffing and development of ticket campaigns and special offerings.
Fourth, serve as an on-campus and community partner to ensure that Vandal Athletics is a highly visible asset to our campus community. This person will need to be an active participant and develop our community programs on and off campus. This person will rally the campus and community to Vandal Athletic events.
Job Duty Function
Increases Exposure for Vandal Athletics
• Collaborating with advertising agencies for the development and placement of television, radio, billboard and print advertisements for various sport programs.
• Developing marketing strategies, strategic objectives, and goals in conjunction with advertising agent
• Collaborating with Learfield Communications in the development and distribution of posters, schedule cards, game programs and other promotional items.
• Developing and implementing campus and community outreach programs including Jr. Joe program, Elementary School Leadership Awards program, School Lunch programs in local schools, supervising the distribution of promotional materials, organizing and supervising several efforts including the Farmer’s Market presence, the “Meet the Team” events in the community, and community days for local towns. To also include our on campus students and staff groups
• Developing marketing strategies, strategic objectives, goals, and plans
• Directing implementation of marketing strategies, objectives, and goals
• Coordinating with local Chambers of Commerce, local recreation departments and boys and girls clubs, campus living groups, arranging for coaches and guests for Campus events, and partnering on Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) efforts,
• Developing and implementing our Wheels Club recognition efforts for regional auto dealers, developing appropriate documents, and ensuring all proper paperwork is in place.
• Recruiting, training and managing a staff of interns and student help to put on game promotions, scheduling of National Anthem singers, coordinating special awards, writing game scripts to match game marketing plans, and other duties.
Job Duty Function
Brand Development and Enhancement
• Serve as the Athletics liaison with University’s Director of Trademark and Licensing
• Manage department uses of logos, insignias, marks and likeness
• Educate and inform student-athletes, coaches and staff about athletics brand
• Actualize athletics brand by including it in department communication and correspondence pieces as well as displaying it in office work stations and common areas.
• Establish brand centric talking points and communication strategies for key department officials and staff
• Create customized messaging set based on brand drivers
• Increase marketplace penetration of Vandal Athletics both regionally and nationally through brand driven marketing campaigns and advertisements
• Develop integrated communications and marketing plans
• Identify opportunities to leverage “Vandals” mascot
Job Duty Function
Oversight of Game Day Operations
• Planning, executing, and evaluating marketing plans for promotion of various sports to boost attendance at home events
• Coordinating fulfillment of the 12th Man Program and Vandal Pride distribution efforts, coordinating the ticket distribution programs.
• Directing implementation of marketing strategies, objectives, and goals in conjunction with increasing ticket sales and revenue production.
• Strategic management of Ticket Office in both operations and fulfillment
• Provide a joint leadership to the marketing plan and outbound ticket sales team
• Oversee Ticket Office employees and scheduling event responsibilities
• Hiring and training of Ticket Office personnel
• Development of ticket prices, packages and special offers
• Collaborating with Idaho Repertory Theatre, Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival and other campus units to provide ticketing capabilities for events/activities
• Creation and distribution of ticketing pieces
Job Duty Function
Supports key Athletics Department initiatives
• Managing the Athletics department promotional gear as well as requests for donations (which have NCAA compliance implications),
• Working with Learfield Communications to ensure all corporate sponsorship elements contained in Marketing Agreements are fulfilled per the terms of those agreements.
• Developing budget, making recommendations, projections, and reports, tracking used of trade accounts.
• Making recommendations for continuous improvement and effectiveness of marketing strategies
Job Duty Function
Provide Overall Support for Athletics Department
Performing other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• 3 years experience in public relations or marketing experience, preferably in Athletics
• Ability to handle many tasks at once
• Possesses and demonstrates interpersonal relationship skills such that one can work independently and in a multi-layered team environment while fostering positive relationships, teamwork, and cooperation so that the organization can be successful in meeting its goals
• Willingness to work odd hours and weekends
• Familiarity with data-base computer systems and microcomputer applications
• Knowledge and skills necessary to manage a website and web-based media and advertising
Demonstrated ability to take an idea from concept to implementation of a plan, to executing the plan that will produce a positive outcome.
• Master’s degree
• Demonstrated abilities in Excel and/or Access data base applications
• Knowledge of the University of Idaho and Vandal Athletics
• Demonstrated ability in coordinating special events
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to manage details
• Ability to manage a joint marketing and ticketing outbound sales program that grows season and individual ticket sales