Here is the job that interests you:
Summer Sports Coach
Sports and Fitness
|Job Status: Part Time
Let Me Play is recruiting 80 enthusiastic Sports Coaches and PE Teachers to join a delivery team working across the UK this Summer.
The role is working with 16 year olds to teach them to run their own coaching session and then to support them put this into practice over the course of three days.
The Sports Coach is responsible for leading sessions which teach sports coaching skills to a team of twelve young people. The Coach then leads a visit to a local community group (including elderly care homes, youth clubs and homeless centres) so that the young people can pass on their newly found coaching skills. Finally, the Sports Coach works with the young people to design and deliver a showcase presentation to demonstrate what they have learnt over the three days.
This role is suitable for someone with experience of facilitating sports sessions with young people and working with a variety of community groups. This is a fulfilling and demanding position which involves supporting the skill development of 15-17 year olds and delivering meaningful sports coaching sessions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are looking to employ sports coaches and PE Teachers who are passionate about youth sport, education and positive activity for young people. The right person will bring solid coaching knowledge, experience, high energy and enthusiasm.
1. Level 2 (preferred) Coaching Qualification or PE Teaching Qualification.
2. Previous experience of coaching sport.
2. Experience of working with 15 - 17 year olds.
3. Enthusiasm for working with young people and helping to develop them.
4. Experience of coaching in different scenarios with people with varying needs.
5. 100% reliable and committed with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
6. We expect all staff to act as role models to the young people - this includes being organised and proactive.
As part of the role there is a one day compulsory training day that staff are required to attend to be able to fulfil the role.
Working Schedule & Environment
The working schedule is between June – August and we are looking for those with good availability during those months though it is not essential to commit to the entire period.
We have roles across the UK and will be placing staff as conveniently as possible.
Please send us the following:
1. A supporting statement of no more than 1 A4 page with a summary of why you are applying, your skills and experience and how these are relevant to the role.
2. A copy of your current CV.
3. The names, positions and contact details of at least two referees, including your
current or most recent employer. No contact will be made with any referee in ad-vance of an offer being made, without your prior approval.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject heading.
Please see www.letmeplay.co.uk for more information about the organisation.
Please note that due to the volume of CVs and emails that we receive, if you have not heard from us in 2 weeks please assume that we are unable to take your application further.
Please note that all successful applicants will be required to nominate two referees and we always request references prior to employment. A recent Enhanced DBS check is also a prerequisite.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Sport and education belong to and should be enjoyed by everyone equally. Let Me Play is committed to eliminate discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities
Sports coaches can gain work for up to 36 days.