Here is the job that interests you:
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
|Job Status: Full Time
This position reports to the Senior Facility Manger for the South Athletic Campus District and is responsible for carrying out the Facilities & Operations vision for the South Athletic Campus District (including The Varsity Tennis Center, Bahna Wrestling Center, Shepherd Gymnastics Training Center, Michigan Soccer Complex and all exterior grounds) while providing oversight of the daily operations of assigned facilities. This position oversees Facility & Operations team members within the assigned facilities and ensures they are meeting the high standards set for facility operations, maintenance, cleaning, customer service, event management, rentals, budgeting and human resources.
1. Oversees the daily operations of assigned facilities at the South Athletic Campus District, including safety, security, scheduling, cleanliness, waste management, equipment operation and performance. 2. Oversees the daily operation of the Varsity Tennis Center Membership Program. Includes hiring and training all customer service attendants, budget maintenance, point of sale maintenance, contract delivery, collection of fees while ensuring compliance with all PCI standards, scheduling available court rentals, oversight of all tournaments and events held with the venue, marketing programs and website management. 3. Oversees the turf maintenance program for the UM Soccer Complex and entire South Athletic Campus District grounds (currently 25 acres). Works directly with AFSCME Sports Turf Specialist to ensure all OSEH and DEQ standards are met in regards to fertilization, watering practices, planting, mowing, and wetland observance. 4. Directly supervises and schedule the following full-time positions (currently 3): Senior Administrative Assistant for the Varsity Tennis Center, AFSCME Sports Turf Specialist II, AFSCME Athletic Facility Worker III and all temporary customer service and grounds staff. 5. Oversees all human resource duties within assigned district including performing routine evaluations of team members, both formal and informal, for the purpose of improving, promotion or other changes in their status as team members, handling staff complaints and grievances, training employees in new or revised work methods and procedures, interviewing and making recommendations for permanent and temporary hires. 6. Ensures all AFSCME contractual obligations are being met including reporting on AFSCME Temps and maintaining OT Logs. 7. Assists with managing the operating budgets for the assigned district facilities (currently $1.3 M), including accurately tracking and reclassifying expenses and revenues, as well as forecasting future expenses and revenues. Provides regular monthly reports to the Senior Facility Manager on budget status, year to date budget actuals and any deviations from planned budgets. 8. Assists with preparing the annual budget recommendations for maintenance and capital improvement of the assigned district facilities. Formulates these budgets in accordance with long-range plan and defined maintenance standards. 9. Researches and implements innovative expense control measures and opportunities to increase revenues. 10. In coordination with assigned team members, develops objectives that meet and coordinate with the overall strategic vision for Michigan Athletics. 11. Conducts and participates in routine staff meetings to communicate vision, provide departmental updates, delegate tasks and receive input. 12. Routinely inspects assigned facilities and related areas to ensure standards are being met and to make necessary changes in maintenance programs if needed. Works closely with UM Director of Maintenance, direct reports, department team members, coaches and other support staff to identify facility needs, diagnose problems, determine projects, plan budgets for and implement corrective measures. 13. Provides outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers through clear communication, responsiveness and innovative problem solving. Keeps customers, team members and users informed of the facility activities, planned maintenance and other events within assigned areas. 14. Ensures effective and efficient cleaning and janitorial services of all assigned facilities, including performance, schedule, payment, supply and equipment inventory, and event cleanups. 15. Provides event and game management support and troubleshooting during scheduled events in the South Athletic Campus District, including sports equipment, scoreboards/videoboards, lighting, plumbing, electrical, concessions equipment, competition surfaces, janitorial, HVAC, A/V equipment, broadcast television networks, etc. 16. Keeps accurate and complete records on payroll, inventory, maintenance procedures, etc. 17. Assures safety is a priority at all times and compliance with OSEH and UM Athletics Safety Programs. 18. Assures compliance with ADA codes, NCAA and Big Ten Rules. 19. Assures compliance with University Purchasing protocols. 20. Other duties as assigned by the Senior Facility Manager.
- Bachelorís Degree.
- 5 years minimum work experience in a facility management or similar role.
- Successful experience working in a team environment.
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with all team members and customers.
- Must have a proven ability to lead a team and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage changing demands.
- Strong experience leading, managing, and evaluating employee performance.
- Experience maintaining state-of-the art facilities and grounds, and keeping them in pristine condition.
- Experience with managing natural and artificial sports turf fields.
- First-Aid/CPR Certified
- Knowledge of NCAA and Big Ten Compliance rules.
- Knowledge of OSEH Safety Programs
- Ability to work nights, evenings, and weekends in a varied work schedule.
- Ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with many varied audiences: Coaches, team
members, student-athletes, customers, vendors, fans, etc.
- Ability to quickly and successfully diffuse, manage, and resolve conflict situations.
- Ability to promote a team atmosphere with all team members.
- Ability to enhance innovation and new ideas with all team members.
- Masterís Degree in a related field
- Experience managing Union employees
- Experience managing budgets over $2 M
- Experience in revenue generating operations
- Experience with large scale venue management