Here is the job that interests you:
Blocker District Vice President - Norfolk
Sports and Fitness
Location: Norfolk, VA
|Job Status: Full Time
Join the YMCA of the South Hampton Roads Team! Live and work in coastal Virginia, just minutes away from the beach. The retirement of two senior officers, combined with the internal promotion of two current SHR leaders, has created a phenomenal opportunity for you! This is a great opportunity for an individual to provide leadership to the Blocker Norfolk Family YMCA, a successful 5000 plus membership unit family center. The position has direct supervision of our flagship facility.
The YMCA of South Hampton Roads is recognized as a cutting edge leader in the YMCA movement. The association serves the communities of Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Franklin, Virginia Beach, the Eastern Shore of Virginia, as well as the Outer Banks, Barco and Elizabeth City in North Carolina. We are the 9th largest membership YMCA in the United States with 40,000 membership units and 110,000 members, and has a nearly 50 million dollar operating budget. Our facilities consist of 18 Family Centers, 2 satellite fitness centers, 2 regional day camps, 1 resident camp, and a nine hole golf course operating a successful First Tee program. Our association strongly supports staff development, training, and encourages membership in the nation’s largest active chapter of Association of YMCA Professionals (AYP).
The YMCA of South Hampton Roads is seeking an energetic, proven, hands-on professional to provide leadership and management for the day-to-day operations of the Blocker Norfolk Family YMCA, supervision of the Effingham Street Family YMCA and Y on Granby Family Centers. This position provides Cause-Driven leadership in staff supervision, volunteer management, fiscal management, financial development, membership and program administration, facility & equipment stewardship, community relations and personal-professional development. Directly responsible for growing, managing and leading a $4.9 million budget, 5000 household unit membership family center. This role is also responsible for supervision of a $1 million urban family center, a recently constructed $1.2 million family center, Camp Red Feather, and the Dominion Tower YMCA. Total budget responsibility $7.1 million.
The Blocker Norfolk District Vice President will enjoy many of the regions spectacular benefits. The City of Norfolk offers amazing choices for education, multiple shopping and dining districts (including the New Waterside Live District and Norfolk Premium Outlet Mall), and multiple festivals at Town Point Park. You can enjoy the beach at Ocean View, Virginia Beach Oceanfront, and the Outer Banks of North Carolina just minutes away! Come enjoy a city with a rich history and newly developed attractions!
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION:
Submission of a resume is required to be considered for this position. Submit online application and upload cover letter, resume and references as one combined file by June 2, 2017 on the YMCA of South Hampton Roads’ job board at www.workfortheymca.org
The YMCA of South Hampton Roads is committed to the development of staff leadership. In addition to a robust benefit program, the YMCA of South Hampton Roads also provides training to secure a promising future for our employees and our association. Excellent benefits package includes competitive pay, generous time off, membership, health benefits and the industry leading 12% retirement plan.
We are seeking a self-motivated, highly organized individual that meets the requirements of this position:
• Strong business operations background with a proven track record for producing growth and strong financial management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Business Management, Business Administration or equivalent.
• Ten or more years of successful management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency in the health & wellness, business or related field.
• Must have previous successful experience working with diverse populations.
• Supervision of full and part time employees and accountability of annual budget exceeding $5 million.
• Ability to lead assigned operations including staff development and supervision, development and monitoring of budgets, membership and program development, financial development, marketing and public relations, board and volunteer development.
• Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
• YMCA Organizational Leader or Multi-Team Leader certification preferred.
An offer of employment is contingent upon receipt of satisfactory results to meet minimum requirements for the position. They may include a background check, drug test, driver’s license record, CPS, and/or Criminal Background check.
• To develop and grow the Blocker Y Family Center as the premiere service provider in the Downtown Norfolk community through strong innovative direct leadership.
• Supervision of the Y on Granby and Effingham Street Family Center Executive Directors.
• Supervision of Camp Red Feather, Dominion Tower YMCA
• Achieve budget expectations annually.
• Board and staff development.
• Implements Association membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Uses YMCA “listen first” skills to understand and respond to the needs, wants and interests of members. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
• Develops long range plans for the expansion of programs and services, in harmony with overall YMCA objectives. Monitors the achievements of these objectives and exercises appropriate action to assure the achievements of the objectives are of the highest quality programs and services.
• Provides leadership to the Board of Managers and related committees.
• Provides leadership and is accountable for achieving Annual Giving campaign.
• Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local community by developing positive working and collaborative relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities.
• Recruit, hire, train, develop, and lead employees and volunteers. Review and evaluate staff performance. Develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Responsible for supervision of 21 full time exempt staff and 270+ non-exempt employees.
• Ensure safety, cleanliness and function of all related facilities and equipment.
• Ensure all program operations are consistent with association procedures, including emergency, insurance, accident, purchasing, personnel, accounting and other administrative systems.
• Develops, manages, and monitors center operating budgets to meet or exceed targets. Initiates and manages adjustments to the budget to assure a balanced operation and submits reports on current operations.
• Incorporate character development within the activities of the YMCA.
• Assist in all areas as assigned by supervisor.