Here is the job that interests you:
Event Trainee-Ins., College Football, Marketing
Location: Chicago, IL
|Job Status: Full Time
THE JOB / Event Trainee
We are searching for two hard working and passionate Event Trainees that will assist in the execution of a national mobile marketing tour for one of college football's premier sponsors. The workload will focus heavily on event logistics and consumer engagement, but also include opportunities to support the larger account team on overall activation platforms.
The ideal candidate will be project driven with strong time management skills. They should be proactive, flexible, and be contain strong interpersonal skills.
The position may have some project management responsibilities and requires a desire to work as part of a team with the capability to solve problems independently. This position will spend 4-6 weeks in Octagon's Chicago, IL office before going on the road for the remainder of the college football season.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
o Travel will take place over the Thanksgiving Holiday and New Year's make your next right move.
- Assist with the planning and on-site execution of event marketing programs
- Serve as on-site coordinator for select events
- Assist with the preparation pre/post event materials and coordination of travel for the mobile tour
- Promote and communicate on-site interactive elements and sweepstakes to fans to encourage participation
- Assist with implementation of special projects and promotions
- Other related duties/projects as assigned, including documenting competitor information at events
- Participate in weekly calls with client, partners and internal staff
- Assist with end-of-year reports, results and key insights for developing creative and innovative ways to improve the messaging and effectiveness of the mobile tour
- 100% travel with extensive weekend/holiday travel is required
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
•You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
•Bachelor’s degree and 0-1 + years of sports marketing experience, internship experience included
•Basic knowledge of event management is a plus
•Interest/knowledge of college football and understanding of the college football landscape
•Strong writing skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally; a writing assignment may be included in hiring process
•Personality traits: confident, engaging, enthusiastic and articulate
•Ability and comfort level to communicate with consumers, potential consumers or fans in an event setting
•Strong ability to work as part of a team with a “no job is too small” attitude, demonstrate initiative and solve problems effectively and independently
•Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
•Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and comfortable driving long distances
•Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.