Here is the job that interests you:
Head Golf Professional - Elyria
Location: Elyria, OH
|Job Status: Full Time
Valley of the Eagles Golf Club in Elyria, Ohio is excited to announce exceptional career opportunity of full-time Head Golf Professional. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Head Golf Professional:
• Promotes and executes member events and daily play.
• Provides a professional atmosphere that the members and guests would be proud to recommend potential members to join.
• Oversees golf operations including tournaments, rules, tee sheet activity, merchandise inventory, range operations, player service operations, cart fleet, and may assist with supervising Food and Beverage operations.
• Assists in the development and day to day tracking of the budget and business plan. Helps to control expenses in relation to revenues.
• Creates a customer service oriented atmosphere that promotes the game of golf and meets the needs of the members. Ensures that associates provide a high level of customer service.
• Works closely with the Superintendent and the Food and Beverage Manager on a daily basis to ensure timely communication and to establish a good working relationship.
• Prepares work schedules and assigns associates areas of responsibility.
• Performs payroll tasks as scheduled and makes adjustments prior to submitting to payroll. Monitors hours to maximize productivity and minimize overtime.
• Provides leadership and vision to golf staff, building people, and preparing them for career advancement.
• Provides golf instruction through lessons and clinics to members and guests.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Assistant and Associate Golf Professionals, Teaching Professionals, Tournament Coordinator, and Guest Services Attendants.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
• Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Minimum Qualifications for the Head Golf Professional:
• Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be a PGA Member.
• Possesses qualified teaching skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Experience with computerized POS and tee time system.
• Experience in Dailey Fee/Resort Operations preferred.
Troon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we E-Verify.