Here is the job that interests you:
Member Engagement Director - Bessemer
Sports and Fitness
Location: Bessemer, AL
|Job Status: Full Time
This position is responsible for managing and overseeing the membership and marketing activities for the branch. The individual must have the ability to drive sales and create an environment that delivers world class customer service to grow membership and program participation. The position will provide daily supervision to the membership services staff, and other staff who serve as first point of contact for members and future members. The position is also responsible for creating and managing a culture for optimal engagement for our members and will provide leadership and direction to the wellness center and group exercise team creating a seamless transition from point of sale transactions to full involvement in our Y wellness experience. Critical competencies include – sales and customer service management, staff management, outcome and standards measurements, community collaborations and fiscal management.
• Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent highly preferred.
• Two years supervisory experience.
• Strong relationship driven personality with strong social and communication skills. Must be an expert in providing great member service.
• Excellent interpersonal, public relations and written communication skills are required. Must also be comfortable with oral presentations.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
• Must understand the basic concepts of a voluntary, non-profit organization, as well as the structure of the YMCA as a partnership of volunteers and staff, and accept a commitment to the YMCA mission.
• Employee must have working knowledge of a Windows environment, Gmail, and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Certifications required within the first 60 days of hire: CPR Pro and First Aid. This position must have the ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
• Essential Functions
• Implements membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
• Create and execute a strong on-boarding program for new members.
• Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs staff and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
• Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration. Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize enrollments and provides ongoing support to Program Directors on related issues.
• Provide direction to the wellness center and group exercise programs to ensure high involvement of both new and current members.
• Ensure that the branch has an adequate offering of both high quality wellness programs and opportunities for wellness orientations and personal training.
• Construct and implement plans that encourage members to try new programs and become involved in the Y community as a committed member rather than just a casual participant.
• Coordinate special events and activities related to member engagement as well as ensure member challenge programs are fully implemented and subscribed to throughout the membership community.
• Develop effective working relationships with service groups, community organizations, and companies, including making presentations.
• Write draft of program information necessary to promote assigned programs, in accordance with membership and marketing plans and work with the Program Directors to produce and distribute the information.
• Participates in the planning of the annual budget; manages and implements the approved budget for membership and takes appropriate action to correct variances
• Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff.
• Participate in Annual Sustaining Campaign.
• Provide program data and reports in support of planning processes and grant reporting requirements.
• Follow established marketing, brand and graphics standards.
• Establish monthly, quarterly, and annual goals with supervisor.
• Meet or exceed membership revenue and marketing goals.
• Model behavior consistent with our core values.
• Maintain accurate inventory of all equipment related to membership operations.
• Follow systems, practices, and training related to risk management and safety of participants and staff, and follow accident report procedures and policies.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.