Last week I was invited to speak to a Sports Information Management class at the University of Florida, the class peppered me with questions, great questions, about their sports career. Listen in to what happened.
Hi everybody, I’m Brian Clapp Director of Content for WorkinSports.com and this is the Work in Sports podcast…
We are totally mixing things up this week.
Last week I was invited into the classroom of Professor Eric Esterline’s Sports Information Management class at the University of Florida …and it was a blast.
His class had a bunch of questions ready to ask, and I intentionally said – I don’t want to know what they are in advance, I want this to be totally organic and raw, honest and in the moment.
So here it is – my time at the University of Florida.
Subject discussed include:
- Sports job interview preparation
- The most important thing you should do while in college
- A strategy for internships
- How to organize your networking efforts
- How long you should wait to follow up after a job interview
- Getting feedback from a job interview
- Gaining experience while a student athlete
And much more. This is a really robust episode with many different topics discussed -- enjoy!