Baseball Team Communications Internship
- Florida Collegiate Summer League, INC
- Longwood, FL 32750
- 30+ days ago
Team Communications Internship
This Internship program is for mature college undergraduates or recent graduates. Preference is given to students majoring in Broadcasting, Journalism, Public Relations, Sport Management, Media, Communications, or related field and to students using the internship for college credit. Knowledge of and love for the game of baseball is essential. Ideal candidates are those who wish to gain an invaluable experience working for a sports team or organization.
This position will encompass complete media coverage of your assigned team as both a writer and play-by-play broadcaster. Nightly recaps of games will be posted on league and team websites, and you will call each game live via internet stream.
- Number of Openings: 6
- Compensation: $750 stipend
- Time Commitment: May 18 through August 1
- Hours Per Week: 30-40
- Travel to away games for journalism commitment and color commentary
- Locations: DeLand, Sanford, Winter Garden, Winter Park and Leesburg
- Housing: Interns are responsible for their own
- Broadcast home games as a play-by-play broadcaster
- Research and create team notebook, with stats and information for each of your team’s players and coaches before the season begins.
- Produce pregame show to be broadcasted live (video) over team social media pages before each home game
- Assist with League television broadcasts when needed
- Produce game recaps and feature stories posted to team and league website
- Interview players and coaches throughout the season.
- Submit resume and references
- League sends questionnaire to applicant
- Applicant returns questionnaire
- League sets up phone interview with applicant
Florida Collegiate Summer League, INC
Job ID: 350832031