We are looking for a CFO to join our nonprofit organization and manage human resources and all financial aspects, including investments and audit activities. This position provides management assistance in the day to day administration of the agency and supports administrative functions of South Coast Business (SCB).
- Develops and manages budgeting, financial reporting and general accounting systems. Ensures compliance to related policies. Research, analyze and assemble information, and make recommendations on matters related to the financial area.
- Manages payroll process including analysis, preparation and inputting payroll data. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws. Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll reports and performs account reconciliations.
- Manages cash flow to meet operational needs and maximize interest revenues within policy guidelines. Develop, monitor and maintain long term investment policies, procedures and practices.
- Develops and manages administrative and financial systems, processes and reporting, including personnel, quality assurance systems, contract management, purchasing and grant preparation/management.
- Develops and manages a full-service human resources to meet SCB and Coos County Area Transportation District needs. Areas managed include: affirmative action; recruitment and selection; classification and compensation; employee recognition; employee relations; performance management; employee training and development; organizational development; safety, health and wellness; workers' compensation claims management; negotiating, personnel record-keeping; and other HR activities.
- Ensures that the executive leadership receives the advice and support it needs to implement business strategies. Assists executive leadership in the elaboration and implementation of organizational change.
- Supervise assigned staff including training, scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, evaluating performance, initiating disciplinary actions, and effectively recommending hiring and termination actions.
- Three to five years of management experience in a public or private organization which included responsibility for each of the following: a) Effectively providing leadership and administration of fiscal services within a direct service organization comprised of a complex array of grant programs, b) Past experience managing human resources including personnel, compensation, insurance, and recruiting, c) Past experience accounting practices, and financial management, and d) budget development and control.
- Demonstratable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity is a required qualification.
- Experience using Sage Intacct preferred.
- CPA or Accounting degree preferred.
- Competitive Wages for High Performance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical/Vision/ Dental
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Retirement
- And much more!
Applications and Schedule:
- To be considered for this exciting opportunity, submit your application and cover letter describing how your background and experience match the ideal candidate profile for South Coast Business's Chief Financial Officer.
- Applications without a cover letter will be considered incomplete. You may include a résumé with your submission; however, résumés will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application or cover letter.
- Following the first review date, applicants will be screened for minimum qualifications and desired attributes as described in the job announcement. Applicants who most closely match the ideal candidate profile will be invited to interview.
- This position will remain open until filled and an initial review of applicants will commence on June 15, 2021. It is highly recommended you submit your application prior to this date to ensure consideration. The job announcement may close any time after June 15, 2021.
South Coast Business Employment Corporation (SCBEC) was incorporated in 1982 under IRS code 501(c)(3) private nonprofit and currently serves Coos, Curry, Douglas, Marion & Yamhill counties in Oregon. Our Vision: Thriving people living in vibrant communities. Equal Opportunity Employer.